Any Long Island campers??

NYcamper

Hello there I am a new owner of a prowler 28bhs and wanted to see if anyone around me has a prowler and where would be a good place to camp local?

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have a son that lives on Long Island and have looked for a good place to stay since we are Full Timers and It is really not a easy place to find a spot or even get to it! That said, I did pull my 40 foot 5th Wheel onto the island and stayed in his yard for a month and a half, year before last. Had lots of fun getting it to his place. Looks like there are some nice places to camp in some of the state parks there, but without sewer and the drive, was just too far for us.

NYcamper

We have a son that lives on Long Island and have looked for a good place to stay since we are Full Timers and It is really not a easy place to find a spot or even get to it! That said, I did pull my 40 foot 5th Wheel onto the island and stayed in his yard for a month and a half, year before last. Had lots of fun getting it to his place. Looks like there are some nice places to camp in some of the state parks there, but without sewer and the drive, was just too far for us.

There is a place for long term camping in green port my inlaws are going to I think it's called chuck & eds. U may want to look into it if u are going to visit your son for an extended stay it has full hookup and will fit big rigs. Taking the fery from Connecticut would be your best way in. As far as short trips I am going off the island a lot there are only a few places here and they don't have many activities. Thanks for the reply