6 volt batteries

pitch black

what would be the best way to rig up 2 6 volts in a BC 2950rk ? I know it comes with one 12 volt, but I want to use the 6 volts for boon docking. meaning where to mount the batteries, don't think 2 will fit in the space where the 12 volt one is. thanks

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
I don't have a Bighorn and am not sure where they place the battery but in our Landmark we had to put our T-120 6 volt batteries (four of them) in the front storage compartment where the generator would be mounted if we had put one in. Butch at RV'S For Less built a compartment out of plywood to contain the gases from charging and put a vent in the bottom of the compartment to let the batteries vent
This has worked out well for us. Would really like to add at least two more but four will have to do for now.

Don

Uncle Rog

We did the same as GW, I converted a stk box to a vented unit, here is an old picture with my first cut off switch prior to installing the Xantrex unit........

//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=1618&d=1193691640

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
I have installed two VRLA-AGM 12 volt 90 Ahr batteries. We have not boondocked much, but have used them traveling and when we spent a few days in my neice's back yard. I have never had them go off of the green light on the charge indicator. They are made by Alpha technologies and were primarily developed for a UPS for backup power for computer systems. They are rated for a 10yr service life and have a 5yr full replacement warranty. I have been using them for a year and they have never lost a charge and have been very reliable. I have one in the original battery location and put the other in the basement, inside of one of those plastic battery boxes, with the wires going through the hole that connects the basement to the battery compartment. They are fully sealed so there is no problem with venting.
Fred