Speakers Wired Wrong

Eagarland

I'm glad that I read somewhere on the Heartland Owners Forum to check the speakers on the entertainment system.

We went this past weekend for our inspection / orientation and I found that the speakers were wired incorrectly. The first channel was wired to all but one speaker. This included the exterior speakers. The second channel was connected to only one speaker inside. The third channel was not connected at all.

I am happy with the service at Gimme Shelter RV in Primrose Ontario. They quickly fixed it.

Tony1951

You must have had the same installer we did. Tried to turn off outside speakers using fader but that just changed volume from one outside speaker to the other. Found both left outputs wired to outside speakers and both right outputs wired to inside speakers. Tossing the junky Furrion brand unit that came with rv and installing a better unit. Still not sure why we got a Jensen owners manual and a Furrion radio...

Tony1951

BTW, the radio would only pick up a couple of static laced stations. I found the twinlead antenna plugged into the radio but crammed in behind it and still rolled up with a tiewrap on it. Unrolled it and tossed it thru the hole in the paneling behind the tradio and it picks up better now.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Yup!

Our Jensen stereo was wired up screwy when we got it.

Plus, some of the speaker wire is not speaker wire, but just plain electrical wire.