Georgia Non Commercial Class E

GWRam

For any Georgia owners with a truck rated at GCVW of over 26000lbs.and pulling a trailer over 10000lbs.

I'm looking at the requirements on the Georgia DMV website for the Non commercial class E license we are supposed to have. I can't reach a human at the DMV and the nearest testing center is hours from my house or I would drive over and ask. How do you get the 3000 hours of documented experience or 3 months experience to present to the examiner for the road test? I'm confused, I'm supposed to have 3000hours/3 months in type rig and configuration. Do I just drive without the license until getting the requirements to get it? Wish the Georgia DMV would answer their phone.

Anyone who has the Non Commercial Class E, how did you do it?

Thanks

Dave

SilverRhino

Reading the Georgia regs online, sounds like you would need to obtain a Learners Permit to get the hours. We do not have the "experience" requirement to get our TX Class A non - CDL.

What is the rating on your truck?

Good luck!

GWRam

Thanks for the reply.

Current truck falls under the only regular license needed. I'm looking to get a Ram3500 Dually which has a GCWR 37800. So if I reading the Georgia regs correctly, with GCWR of 37800 and a trailer over 10000lbs I should have a non commercial class E.

I also was thinking that it sounds like you get a permit after the written test. Can't find anywhere that says under what conditions or circumstances the time is built up. Do I need a cuurent class E driver to ride around with me? That would never work. I don't know of anyone that has one.

The search for information continues.