Torque 270 HG low water presure from pump

Bullpaul

Checking to see if any other owners are experiencing low water when pulling from the fresh water tank. The toilet and bathroom does just OK. No way is there enough pressure to shower. The kitchen sink starts ok and then loses pressure. I opened up and listened to the pump and it sounds strong. Than noticed its only a 3 GPM. I just don't think that's enough hp to lift the water 8' to the shower head. Any thing I should check before I buy a stronger pump?

danemayer

Could be a problem with the pump, although I would think that perhaps it's something else.

You'll want to ensure that the antifreeze suction valve is not partially open. That would allow some air into the suction side, reducing the output. Ditto for loose connections at the pump.

Also might be a kink in one of the lines to or from the pump. The output of the pump tees into the city water line a short distance from the pump, so that section should be easy to inspect.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Your pump may also have a debris screen. Check that it is clean and the bowl is tight.

Peace
Dave