Anyone else have this issue?

GETnBYE

When trying to read the latest post in a thread I keep having a difficult time clicking on the "blue arrow ", which takes me to that last post of the thread and I accidently click on the users name.

Would it be possible to move the "blue arrow" over just about the thickness of my fat fingers? Example of where I am referring to;
"Last Post: 3 Hours Ago 03:57 PMby jbeletti //heartlandowners.org/images/buttons/lastpost-right.png"

DocFather

Many of us have fat fingers. But you should be clicking on the title of the thread, not the last poster. Try that and see.

GETnBYE

Many of us have fat fingers. But you should be clicking on the title of the thread, not the last poster. Try that and see.

Yes, I do click the title of posts that I want to read from the beginning.
However, if I am keeping up with a thread, I like to just read the latest post and not have to scroll thru the pages or posts that I have already read to get to the end.
I assume the arrow is there to take us to the last post if that's where we want read. I'm just asking if the arrow can be scooted over a bit. Perhaps I am just being lazy and wanting a shortcut. Or should I say a shortcut that is a bit easier to use.

danemayer

Try clicking on SETTINGS at top right of page. Then scroll down to GENERAL SETTINGS on the left side. Look for THREAD DISPLAY MODE and select LINEAR - NEWEST FIRST. Then when you open a thread, the newest post will always be right there at the top.

jbeletti

Anita and Wayne - sorry, we can't move that element with the software we are using.

I have my Thread Display Mode set like Dan suggests - Newest first. This way I see the last and latest posts and can dig deeper when desired.

GETnBYE

I didn't realize we had that option. THANKS
Try clicking on SETTINGS at top right of page. Then scroll down to GENERAL SETTINGS on the left side. Look for THREAD DISPLAY MODE and select LINEAR - NEWEST FIRST. Then when you open a thread, the newest post will always be right there at the top.

jimtoo

When trying to read the latest post in a thread I keep having a difficult time clicking on the "blue arrow ", which takes me to that last post of the thread and I accidently click on the users name.

Would it be possible to move the "blue arrow" over just about the thickness of my fat fingers? Example of where I am referring to;
"Last Post: 3 Hours Ago 03:57 PMby jbeletti //heartlandowners.org/images/buttons/lastpost-right.png"

After getting on I always go to "What's New" and click. Then it will bring up only the threads that have had activity since the last time you were logged on. Then if you click on the thread tittle, it will open up to the original first post,, then if you look to just above the blue line and to the right, you should see "show latest post". click on this and it will take you to the last, or latest post that you have not read that was made in that thread. After you have viewed the latest post that will disappear until another new post is made on the thread.

I use it like this because I can, if needed, review what the original post or thread was started for.

Jim M

GETnBYE

After getting on I always go to "What's New" and click. Then it will bring up only the threads that have had activity since the last time you were logged on. Then if you click on the thread tittle, it will open up to the original first post,, then if you look to just above the blue line and to the right, you should see "show latest post". click on this and it will take you to the last, or latest post that you have not read that was made in that thread. After you have viewed the latest post that will disappear until another new post is made on the thread.

I use it like this because I can, if needed, review what the original post or thread was started for.

Jim M
Thank you very much!