Adding a 2nd Fluids Control Panel to the coach??

jbeletti

Has any one else wished there was a second Fluids Control Panel located in the UDC? By Fluids Control Panel, I mean that standard white control panel that is in the coat closet that has the tank and battery levels and the water pump and gas water heater switches.

When I want to put water in my fresh water tank, I always put more in than I want. I usually try to keep 1/3 tank. When I know I need a full tank, I will fill it. But still, no gauge outside in the UDC to know what the level is.

Same when I am power flushing the black tank. When I am pumping water in it at varying campground water pressures, I want to know what my tank level is before I turn it off, flush, then repeat as many times as needed.

When I am outside doing anything near the UDC, it would be nice to open it up and check the gray/black tank levels. If needed, I can empty right then.

Sure, sure, I can go inside the trailer anytime to check the main panel, I am just saying, it would be handy.

So, has anyone done this? Do you think adding a second panel in parallel would add too much resistance to the monitoring circuits resulting in impaired readings?

Jim

Last edited:

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

Hi Jim
I have thought about this, but have not heard about anyone doing it. It sure would be nice to have a second panel in the docking station.

My other idea would be to have the ableitiy to switch the room slide out hydraulic controls from the coach. It would be more convienent to be able to slide out just the table area when stopping for lunch. Several times my wife had gone in and started to slide out the table and the bed or the kitchen starts to move. She then yells at me because I forgot to turn them off. Than again when I set up for the night, I have to remember to open the valves again. Whoa is me.

Glenn

jbeletti

Glenn,

Independent slide control via separate slide switches is offered by some manufacturers (Mobile Suites as an example). I've discussed this with the Heartland factory and they agree that it is possible, it a matter of cost however.

I think electrically actuated hydraulic valves/controls is required for each slide to accomplish this. Be a big upgrade job.

I think this will be a "must have / strong want" on my next coach. I'll bet Heartland will offer it as an option in the future.

Jim

bking

"Same when I am power flushing the black tank. When I am pumping water in it at varying campground water pressures, I want to know what my tank level is before I turn it off, flush, then repeat as many times as needed."

Jim, your above comment has me confused. The instructions I have for the black tank spray flushing system on our Golden Gate, warns to leave the dump valve open when flushing the tank. I assume this is because the campround water pressure increases the pressure inside the black tank. The increased pressure needs a way to release since the tank cannot expand to handle the increased pressure. I believe the only ways to places this pressure can be released are the dump valve and the toilet. I don't think the toilet should be used as a relief valve. Maybe I am confused with how this system actually works. Glad to hear your thoughts.

jbeletti

Bob (bking),

We'll you got me on that one. I'll admit to not reading the instructions for the San-T-Flush. Thank you for pointing this out to me.

By the way, this is as good a time as any to mention that I want to create a project for the forum to create a Practical Users Guide for the Heartland Landmark. If successful, we can use it as a template for the Bighorn and others.

I create a forum for it soon and will begin soliciting input and assistance.

Jim

phranc

It does not seem any pressure could build up because the black tank vent stack is open to the atmosphere.. Perhaps the flush people are CYA . If you were to start to rinse/flush and become distracted,with the gate valve closed, you could overflow the black tank out of the toilet. Another good reason for a level indicator by the spray inlet