wall receptacle in the kitchen

fivernine

In our 2008 Cape Cod, the two overhead receptacles are okay for some things, but the height to the bottom of the cabinet is too long for some things. If I plug in my toaster, it looks like a possom hanging by the tail. A can opener is out of the question.

I fished a wire from the overhead receptacle through the cabinet shelf and down between the desk slide and window. This is a good spot for one.

ChopperBill

Good Job! This is something I may end up doing. The wall of the spice cabinet may be a good spot. I don't know why they didn't put a couple on the wall instead of all of them on the bottom of the cabinets. Guess it was easier. Aaaw! Another project!

SmokeyBare

I felt the need to add additional outlets in our BigHorn as well. Toaster and Coffee pot enjoys a shorter reach to Power Up.

I just picked up a breaker at the home center... and 25 foot of wire. I was able to run the wire from the electrical panel under the steps - Refrigerator - drawers & Kitchen Sink. Then cut two holes in the panel below the counter top.., and mounted two boxes... connected the wires... and was pleased with the results....

Attachments

• IMG_2252.JPG
    IMG_2252.JPG
    514.3 KB · Views: 125

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Nice job Marv. I am suprised that you had to get a breaker, thought the all the slots in the breaker panel were already full, used or not?

fivernine

Great looking work!

Marv, that looks great! I didn't think of using that location. They look perfect in that spot and that is an ideal location for these short-tailed appliances. Really SLICK!!!
--Rick

SmokeyBare

Not all the slots were used... and there are still a few left.

Tested the Solar System this week and it worked well. I will need to one day replace the batteries... I gave up two when I traded the old RV... and don't want to mix new with these 3 year old ones.

On a good note... I have power when we're dry camping !!

tcbrady

Marv and Karen,
That looks great - we are going to look into doing it here at the factory.
Thanks for the feedback.
Coley

SmokeyBare

Coley,

Thanks for the reply and kind comments !

You'll probably need to Make the First Outlet a GFCI.... so you'll feel a little safer.

Luv This BigHorn !