High Pointe (Ec942k9e) Oven

danemayer

Dan - did you ever get a copy of the High Pointe EC942K9E user manual? We never got the manual and when we got the unit the turntable ring was broken and we need to get a new one. I cannot find any information on this oven.

Thanks

Fred, sorry, the only one I've ever found is posted. Here's a link.

i visited the factory floor 2 weeks ago and checked in the appliance carton. No help. The unit that Heartland gets is apparently not packaged with a manual like you would expect at a retail store.

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader
Fred, sorry, the only one I've ever found is posted. Here's a link.

i visited the factory floor 2 weeks ago and checked in the appliance carton. No help. The unit that Heartland gets is apparently not packaged with a manual like you would expect at a retail store.

We only used the oven for heating water for tea and defrosting stuff. Now we want to actually use it as an oven and there is no manual. When Googling High Pointe there is no company and after spending an hour researching the mother company, Guangdong Midea Kitchen Appliances (China Company) I can not find one manual that relates to this oven. Will call Heartland on Monday and see if I can get a manual. So you know this oven is Branded under several names. Besides High Pointe it has the name of Franklin Chef. Also it looks like our model is no longer made and the new model is under the name of Contoure. No matter what the name they are all made by Guangdong. We pay a lot for these RVs and I would like to see Heartland buy from a Brand name that does not change every six months and actually has real customer service.

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader
Jim,

Appreciate the link but it does not go anywhere. It describes the unit but there is no link to anything else.

We are in Yellowstone and tried to use the Highpointe to warm up some salmon balls using the convection part of the oven. Ran it at 425 degrees and after 30 minutes the food was still cold. Ran it for 15 more minutes and the glass in the door shattered from the heat. What a piece of junk.

Going to be looking for a replacement. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

pegmikef

I guess we have been lucky as ours has worked ok for two years now and we often use both ovens at rallys. Mine came with a manual, but it is the same one as Dan pointed out on line. One thing we found is that the temperature is 25 to 50 degrees lower than the stated temperatures so we calculate the increased time required. This was just covered at the convection oven seminar at Goshen.