TV reception

Squirrel

When we arrive at some of our usual campsites, they don't have cable hook-ups and I don't have a satellite dish. But we can lift the antenna and see local stations.
Now with my new Bighorn, I tried everything to get the smart LG TV to show local stations, with no avail. My camping friends can get the local stations parked right next to me, and they tried to help me also get TV reception.
What am I doing wrong?
Dan

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Squirrel and welcome to this great forum.
Lots of great people here with a lot of information to share.
I did move your thread to the proper area.

As far as your reception goes there are a few things to look at.
Number one is do you have the antenna booster turned on? On would be indicated with a red LED.
Have you checked that the coax is indeed hooked up on the back of the TV.
While you are checking that you should check the connectors for a good crimp and that no shielding wire is touching the center wire.
Did you tell your TV that the input is TV and not component or HDMI?
And finally did you do an auto channel search?
If these ideas work or don't work come back and tell us your findings. Someone will be able to help.

You can also click on "Tools" at the top of the page and look at the helpful user guides and manuals for electronics.

Peace
Dave

DocFather

Doc, Doc, Doc......go Badgers.
Watching it now.

Peace
Dave

My fingernails are gone already. Gonna save the toes for the 2nd half!

20120723-151322.jpg

ucwinters

When I got my Sundance, it worked just fine on cable but was unable to pick up local stations using the antenna. Signal booster light showed that it was "working". Took it in under warranty for this repair. Tech found that the signal booster was wired incorrectly at the factory and had to replace it. Great reception on the TV after the repair was completed.

dsilbe2

Ok I'm trying to get this forum figure out -
I have a 2014 Gateway purchased new in Dec 2014 - Took it to Texas for January all places we stayed had cable -
Took it out to our summer resort no cable - and can not get any TV stations
Signal booster light does not stay on - looking for suggestion
DeWayne - Rockford IL

danemayer

Ok I'm trying to get this forum figure out -
I have a 2014 Gateway purchased new in Dec 2014 - Took it to Texas for January all places we stayed had cable -
Took it out to our summer resort no cable - and can not get any TV stations
Signal booster light does not stay on - looking for suggestion
DeWayne - Rockford IL

Check the fuse in the 12V Fusebox. You'll probably need an ohm meter to find out if the fuse is blown. Next to each fuse is a red LED that will light up if the fuse is blown, AND if there's a load on the circuit. But the signal booster may not provide enough load. And the LED next to the fuse may pass just enough current to intermittently illuminate the signal booster LED, even if the fuse is blown.

loganhughes

We were the second owner of our Sundance and was surprised to find no signal from the television amplifier connection. After some continuity checks, I found the cable coax and the antenna coax connected to the amplifier were reversed. However we found our reception with the Winegard antenna to be very marginal. We replaced the Winegard with a Jack antenna. Wow! It was a huge improvement!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We were the second owner of our Sundance and was surprised to find no signal from the television amplifier connection. After some continuity checks, I found the cable coax and the antenna coax connected to the amplifier were reversed. However we found our reception with the Winegard antenna to be very marginal. We replaced the Winegard with a Jack antenna. Wow! It was a huge improvement!

Yup!

I replaced the Batwing with the Jack TV Head replacement . . . big difference in TV station reception.

In my side yard, I get 30 more channels than I pulled in with the Batwing.

And at one of our favorite campgrounds in the mountains, where we never got any TV reception, the Jack pulled in six channels!