Where's my Converter??

JimHamlin

I have a 2008 Bighorn 3400RL and need to find out just where the converter is located as well as what model it is. Vin# ends in 009939. I have a sudden lack of battery charging, with voltage measuring 7.8 volts at the battery. 12V lights are dim of course, but periodically they brighten up, which tells me the converter is cycling off & on? Do these units have output fuses included with the box, besides the 110 breaker controlling it's input? I currently have a battery charger temporarily hooked up for lighting & charging laptop & phones. Thanx in advance for your help . . .

Jim Hamlin, #2693
PH: 269-838-9036

jnbhobe

The converter is behind the basement wall near the back of the breaker box. There are 3 - 30 amp ATC fuses on it, also check to see that it is plugged into the AC outlet.

sjandbj

Jim,
I am unsure if on a 2008 it is in the same spot but mine is directly behind the wall in the basement. If i take the access panel to the water pump it is on a shelf. Cannot miss it. There are fuses on the convertor but there are many post regarding the convertor not charging batteries most have been due to the circuit breaker needing to be reset in the outside storage area. If you search for convertors or battery charging I am sure you will find what you need. There is also help manuals in the forum also.

Regards,
Steve

danemayer

Hi Jim,

The factory doesn't see every post, so you'll do better to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They should be able to tell you which converter is in your rig.

Of course, if you take down the basement wall by the UDC, you should be able to get to the converter to both check the fuses and find the model number. Good chance it's in the Progressive Dynamics PD9000 series. Here are some manuals.

JimHamlin

Hey, many thanx for your quick reply. I called the number you provided and a service advisor was able to get me started. Now to tear everything apart & see what's been goin on . . .

Thanx again!

Jim Hamlin