Big Horn Faux Leather Furniture peeling

rhillier

We are the owners of a 2011 3070RL Big Horn. Only used 5 months a year. The two(2) recliners and sofa bed are peeling badly. Does any else have this problem? We contacted the supplier Flair Industries and they say it's not their problem but Heartlands as they select the material(faux leather)

Gizzy

We have same year, same fake leather and doing the same thing. I guess I am just surprised it lasted this long. Ours are only peeling on the chairs where it is touched by our heads. I assumed it is from the oils etc in our hair. Everything else (except for a few spots where it get banged up from moving the chairs around) is OK. We are in the process of looking for replacements. Selection seem to be slim because of the 32 inch max width requirement. If anyone has a good suggestion for replacements, all input would be appreciated.

Hogladyrider

OMG we have the same peeling on our chairs only where our heads touch. Ours is a 2009 Big Horn 3600RL but we have a new 2016 Big Horn front bath on order.

It is really unfortunate that this furniture doesn't last.

Westwind

Lazy Boy has a large variety of chair styles and 32" shouldn't be a problem for them. Worth checking out.

pegmikef

We got rid of ours after a few months and bought leather recliners from Haverty's. Sold the old ones on Craigs list.

8amps

We had the same thing on our 2010 Bighorn, not too bad really, considering its age. However, we replaced the recliners at Christmas because you couldn't stay reclined in them without continuing to push back all the time. We started full-timing in October and that was not very comfortable. We looked a lazy boy in the store but IIRC were about 800+ each. Costco had lazy boys (of a lesser quality I'm sure) for half that. We like the real leather. Don't think they carry these chairs all the time however.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
We are in the same time frame with a 2011 Landmark Keylargo. We have one of the recliners that is peeling. The others are all in good shape but after 4 years of full timing they are starting to show some support issues. But it is strange how it is just one recliner as we set side by side in the pair almost always

RoadJunkie

Faux leather furniture of the 2009-2011 period seems to be the "Tomax" era for peeling furniture on Bighorn products. Ours has the same problem. We played the bouncing ball responsibility game between Flair and Heartland with no resolution. Looks like that ball is still bouncing.

wdk450

I got a recliner cover from Amazon, in a "natural" shade that mimics the leather color. Do a search on Amazon for "Recliner chair covers". About $50, a lot less than a new chair, and good enough for me.