2007 Bighorn Tires

Dale and Jen

Funtimers
Any info on the Load Star Karrier tires that are on our 2007 Bighorn?
We are camping in Mission Bay and found a big "bubble" on one tire...
tire is separating..delamination. Tire pressure always checked, no problem. Not that many miles on this unit. This is a manufacturing defect. :(

Jenny and Dale

Two Hands

Do a search of this topic on this forum and you will learn more than you ever wanted.
I have those tires on my Bighorn and, so far, no problems.

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
If you contact the manufacturer, they'll most likely tell you that 2 years is a lifetime on RV "ST" tires. We replaced what we thought were good tires after 2 years and 3 blowouts. Look on this forum or do a search on others and you'll get more information. Replace the tires with something you research on the forums.

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
We got "lucky". Our tires got bubbles after only a couple of months so the manufacturer sent us a cheque for the replacements we got,,, good luck, Lizzy

busted2341

Dale and Jen,

Kenda Karrier tiers have failed on my 06 3055 twice. Just being parked I saw the bubble. Kenda was not easy to work with but did adjust. It took them 6 months and lots of calls. I just broke down after the second bubble and replaced all four with G/Y Marathon tires. I feel better....

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Dale and Jen,

Kenda Karrier tiers have failed on my 06 3055 twice. Just being parked I saw the bubble. Kenda was not easy to work with but did adjust. It took them 6 months and lots of calls. I just broke down after the second bubble and replaced all four with G/Y Marathon tires. I feel better....

I didn't know Goodyear started making a Marathon E-rated tire. The last few Marathons I have seen on TT's were D rated and made in China....Ken

busted2341

Put e-rated tire on it in January. Cost was just $806.00 for all four Mounted Balanced ready for travel.LOL

fhollan

GY Marathon Tires

Busted: The GY Marathon tires, are those the same size and everything you had on before, including the circumference?? What does the sidewall tell you on how much weight they can handle??

Last edited:

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
The dealer installed Mission Tires from our favorite country China on my rig when I bought it. Has anyone had any experiences with this tire? Is my life expentancy shorter, or should I wait till they start deteriorating? I have heard 5 years is about the life time.

jpmorgan37

Larry;

There is a lot of discussion on Mission tires here in the forum. My perception of the comments are generally favorable. Do a search and come to your own conclusion.

John

busted2341

fHollan,

Sorry it took so long to post. Everything is the same on the tires. I made sure that the rating, size and fit were the same. They are e-rated which is 3400 per tire If I remember right. Since I have 6K axles I am well within range. I did have them balanced. Some say not too but I can't help believing the ride would be better balanced.

pickuphunt

Tires, 'get 'em balanced

We returned from Texas (1250 miles) to find first the bracket holding our counter extension had the hinge 'bolt' missing and the counter hanging by the other hinge, then in the bathroom one of the nuts on the hinge that secures the seat to the toilet was laying on the floor. Well, the only thing that can cause that is some sort of vibration. I took the tires one by one to my local tire shop to have them balanced. All tires were so out of balance that we had to add anywhere from 6 to 12 oz of weights to each tire. My tire dealer indicated that these tires (Freestar made in China, as most tires are) are certainly not in a good quality control or they would balance better than that. I did have all tires balanced, hope for the best. I certainly wish that a better quality tire was available as an option. Our unit is an '09 3600RL. We lived in it for 3 months. Enjoyed our time, no other problems. The attached photo's are the weights added for both front and back of the same tire.

Attachments

• Storage ITire Weights I.jpg
    Storage ITire Weights I.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Storage ITire Weights II.jpg
    Storage ITire Weights II.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 28

Forrest Fetherolf

pickuphunt,

I would really question 6 to 12 ounces of weight per tire. On these type of tires, I would not allow more than 5 ounces per tire. Either the balance machine, the tire, or rim is extremely out of balance. If I have this extreme condition, the first thing is to spin the tire 1/2 half turn on the rim and rebalance. Usually this method will reduce the amount of weights required, if not, the tire or wheel is checked for out-of-round.

Forrest

pickuphunt

Balance tires

My tire man did just that, he marked the tire at the valve stem, let the air out and rotated the tire 180° re-aired. The out of balance followed the tire mark on the tire, indicating that the tire is the problem, not the wheel. All tires way out of balance. What are my options - is there a tolerance for how much weight can be applied to make tires balance before there is a 'defect' in the tire? I priced G rated Goodyear - $260 each. I shouldn't have to spend that kind of money on a unit that is less than 6 mo. old with tires having less than 2500 miles. Any suggestions?

jpmorgan37

pickuphunt;

The first thing that I would do would be to verify the balance on one of the tires. Take the one with the most weight and take it to another tire dealer. If this proves to be correct (withing 1/4 ounce) contact your dealer and explain the situation to him and see what he would suggest. If that gets you nowhere, I would contact Jim Fenner at Heartland Customer Service (877) 262-8032, and ask for his recommendation. Six ounces per tire is really extreme. Twelve ounces is beyond the scope of reasonable.

Good Luck,

John

katkens

I would suggest having them rebalanced with a machine that uses the lug holes instead of the center hub hole. I'd be willing to bet they balance without all those weights....my previous TT wheels where that way....Ken

ChopperBill

I would suggest having them rebalanced with a machine that uses the lug holes instead of the center hub hole. I'd be willing to bet they balance without all those weights....my previous TT wheels where that way....Ken
Where do you find a balancer with lug bolt mounting? I have a Polaris that has aluminum wheels with no center hole. I ruined a tire and the wheel had several factory weights. The tire dealer doing the change sort of laughed when I mentioned balancing it. Said it didn't need balanced. Now I have a pretty good vibration above 45 MPH. Cant find a balancing machine anywhere that can do them.

Netem

I was told by a friend that you have to go to a place that balances truck wheels to get them balanced by the lugs and that its the only way to do trailer wheels correctly. He's a ful timer thats been Rv ing for years so he's usually up on this stuff.

katkens

Where do you find a balancer with lug bolt mounting? I have a Polaris that has aluminum wheels with no center hole. I ruined a tire and the wheel had several factory weights. The tire dealer doing the change sort of laughed when I mentioned balancing it. Said it didn't need balanced. Now I have a pretty good vibration above 45 MPH. Cant find a balancing machine anywhere that can do them.

Bill.. the last few tires we bought at Autotire a chain in my area and asked him if he could lug hole balance and he had the newer balancers which couldn't.. He called and found one of there other stores that still had one of older balancers that could do them. I guess if you check the older, established tire dealers in your area they would more likely have the older tech. balancers.....Ken