Back of Genesis GT-3-0?

Does anyone know where I can get a picture or diagram of the back of the Genesis GT-3.0? Their manual doesn't show one, and the number I was told to call said the number is being changed. :mad:I am not happy with Genesis, and am beginning to lose patience with Forest River over the lack of information I'm getting because they just told me there are no manuals on the sound hookup they put in my trailer. What kind of outfit is this anyway? Does anybody know who I can complain to on a national scale?

danemayer

I think the back of the Genesis 3.0 is represented on pages 34 and 35 of the manual. It's not exactly a diagram of the back panel. Instead page 34 shows the wires coming out the back of the unit to which you can connect, and page 35 shows the speaker connection points.

I'm afraid I can't help you with Forest River contact info. This is the Heartland Owners Forum. I don't know what support Forest River provides or if they have a forum.

Thanks for your help, but I saw that. It doesn't tell you enough to keep from tearing into the back of the unit to see how it's actually hooked up. Most electronics manuals provide a picture of the exact layout. These are strictly schematics.

danemayer

I think that's because you don't connect anything directly to the back of the unit except speaker wires. Instead you connect using the cable bundle.

Thanks, but it's the speaker wires I want to know about, and hoping they are RCA connectors. I'm not concerned with the rest of the hookup. I found out from the Forrest River people that the Genesis GT-3.0 Bluetooth is a receiving system, not a transmitting system. Therefore, I have to locate an Aux. out (amplifier), and hook up my own Bluetooth transmitter to it to get the Bluetooth wireless speakers to work, and be able to receive what the Genesis G-3.0 is playing, i.e., USB music folders, MP3 players, CD's, etc. The reason I'm having to do this is because Forrest River (Flagstaff) put my outside speakers in the wrong location for outside use along with other issues, but I won't go into that at this time. Bottom line: Forrest River(Flagstaff) along with Genesis did some very bad planning and engineering on this system.

danemayer

If you want to use an audio output to feed a bluetooth transmitter, you probably don't want the speaker wire connections - and they are likely not RCA Phono.

The cable bundle will have audio output with RCA Phono connectors, but it may be connected to the TV. You could install a splitter and run one side to the bluetooth input.

In any case, it might be more practical to just pull the unit out of the wall and take a look.