Big Bob's Gibson's White BBQ Sauce

HornedToad

Big Bob Gibson's White BBQ Sauce

If your from Texas or Tennessee, you probably think the only kind of BBQ sauce is red and starts out as ketchup.

But the folks in the deep south knows abouts this white BBQ sauce. It is fantastic on any kind of chicken...
You can dip the meat in a cold sauce after you take it off the grill or
I like to baste the meat and let the sauce glaze over just before removing it from the grill to serve.

Big Bob Gibson's White BBQ Sauce

Ingredients

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup water (I delete the water for a thicker sauce)
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon sugar

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/big-bobs-gibsons-white-sauce-recipe.html?oc=linkback

Or you can buy it here...

http://bigbobgibson.com/original-white-sauce-1-16-oz-bottle/

A redneck is driving a back road in Alabama when he sees a pickup parked alongside the road with a grill next to it.
A sign says "Chicken Breasts and Beer."
"Lord Almighty!" He exclaims.
"My three favorite things!"

JanAndBill

Re: Big Bob Gibson's White BBQ Sauce

Mike, you must be using some of that "new math", I counted 4 things you forgot the Pickup. LOL

I've tried the commercial version of the White BBQ Sauce, which was good, for a change, but there's so many other sauces that are better.

jbeletti

Not sure about a white bbq sauce but I'm not known to back away from the table, afraid of eats :)

I will try this sauce if I run into you at a rally and you are cooking with it :)

HornedToad

Bill,

I think my math was right... the pickup wasn't a FORD???

Never tried the white sauce in a bottle, I always make it fresh. I have been know to add a little Worcestershire & Tabasco when using it for a glaze, but that knocks it off the beautiful creamy white color if you're serving it cold. Paula's recipe is enough for one maybe two small roasters, if you've got a crowd you'll need to multiply it up. I have made it with a gallon of mayo from Sam's for a big tailgate. Also, even though I usually only use Miracle Whip to cook with, I swore off mayonnaise twenty years ago after a bout with salmonella, If you want to get a nice glaze off the grill... you've gotta have the eggs in mayo.

I do need to get this SOB to a rally, I'll even bring my off brand trailer,
and my smoker grill, and my ice cream maker... oh yea, and DW!!!