Moving Up 1/4 Ton at a Time

'Lil Guy'

Traded my 2012 Ram 1/2 ton 4X4 for a 2014 2500 Ram CTD 4X4. In the process of working a a deal on a 2015 3500 Ram 4X4 HO with the aison trans, SRW, SWB crew cab. Ouch, going to take a major hit on this one. Only 10K miles on my 2500 and upside down by $6500.00.
Going Saturday to try to get the deal done. Looking to upgrade in the near future to a Bighorn and decided to try and get the truck deal done now. Wish I would have listed in the beginning. The 3500 isn't any more than the 2500 till you add the Aison and HO diesel. Not only the trucks, but I've been buying my rigs one foot at a time also. Definitely not the right way to do it.
I asked if the navigation feature could be programmed for the RV height and he didn't know. I doubt if it is.
Should be a good truck for the midsize Bighorn. Just can't make myself go with a DRW.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Good idea not going with the DRW......it will give you something to look forward to in the fall.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Good idea not going with the DRW......it will give you something to look forward to in the fall.

I was thinking same thing Dave. Gotta have something he can upgrade into. Don't do like me and just buy the biggest truck you can just upgrade it every 6 months. lol love your attitude little guy just hope Debbie don't kill you anytime soon as you are some great entertainment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Lil Guy'

I'll start attending more rallys and put out a collection plate to recover some of the money I keep throwing away.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like you have been hangin around and talking to Bernie a little too much lately.
You would not regret the dually. But then again where ya gonna go from there?
And no, you cannot program the nav for height.

Peace
Dave

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
But, what if he had a small, cute monkey in clothes and a cool hat carrying a cup with a label that said Fund the 'Lil Guy'? I mean, who could pass on that?

Love ya Frank :)

Now that would be worth the price of a ticket

AAdams

I asked if the navigation feature could be programmed for the RV height and he didn't know. I doubt if it is.
Should be a good truck for the midsize Bighorn. Just can't make myself go with a DRW.

I wrote RAM about the RV height POI's being added to their NAV system. RAM forwarded the message to here maps that they get the map data from. They emailed me and said they would not give me the data format since they do not provide technical support for RAM and to contact me nearest dealer. So IMHO get a separate NAV for less money that you can program the Low clearances in to.

Bones

I wrote RAM about the RV height POI's being added to their NAV system. RAM forwarded the message to here maps that they get the map data from. They emailed me and said they would not give me the data format since they do not provide technical support for RAM and to contact me nearest dealer. So IMHO get a separate NAV for less money that you can program the Low clearances in to.
I have to say, you pay all this money for a truck and the Nav system and the Nav won't do something very simple that the truck is designed to do. Pull tug and haul a load.

DW_Gray

I sure wish there were "LIKE" buttons on these comments. I'm sitting here grinning and laughing.

jbeletti

I sure wish there were "LIKE" buttons on these comments. I'm sitting here grinning and laughing.

But Dave - are you grinning about the monkey or the NAV systems? :) Hope you and Amy are well out there in CA. Been following you guys on FB. Love on those grand babies.

caissiel

My $200 nav deck can be programmed for height and length.
My truck has been upgraded to more capacity then an F350 by doing it right.
To me it's a shame to waste that much for a BC when a BH is as good with less and much cheaper.

'Lil Guy'

I'm going to try to get this on order Saturday and immediately going out to look for a little monkey. I can have him a jacket made with 'Lil Guy' on the back. I'm telling you, that Jim B. knows his marketing. Now I need to think of what I could train him to do if you don't put something in his cup. I really don't need to take him from site to site for a collection since people who attend these rallys have to stop by to see the 'Lil Guy' anyway. I figured by now, most of the Chapter leaders would be paying me to Bring the 'LG' to their rallys. With the monkey, the price just went up. If this works out, I might need a DRW later to pull the Landmark. If it doesn't pan out, I've eaten monkey before when I was in the Phillipines.
Thanks for the ideas.