flooring in hall and toilet room

bob34787

my 2013 San Antonio had lumps under the linoleum between the toilet and heat vent with sharp things poking through, was informed by Dealer Heartlandis only paying to replace the piece Inthe room and not the hall so now I will have a metal strip under the door , that really not what I would have expected!

FordMan1966

That sounds about right for Heartland. We traded our 2013 Landmark for SOB because of too many issues like this were annoying to me.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Bob34787, I would call Heartland customer service to verify this information. Several times people have found that there has been a miscommunication between the dealer and HL. Be sure to have your VIN in hand when you call.

Greengas

I disagree. I had a problem with the flooring in the kitchen area of my 2014 Landmark San Antonio and Heartland authorized a complete replacement so that everything matched. So, like others would say, don't trust the dealer, deal directly with Heartland. It is always fun to watch the dealers face when you tell them they are full of what ever because you in fact talked to Heartland so you know what's what!

bob34787

I disagree. I had a problem with the flooring in the kitchen area of my 2014 Landmark San Antonio and Heartland authorized a complete replacement so that everything matched. So, like others would say, don't trust the dealer, deal directly with Heartland. It is always fun to watch the dealers face when you tell them they are full of what ever because you in fact talked to Heartland so you know what's what!
suppose I should have called but have not had the best of luck with that avenue since they denied the claim at first request

kowAlski631

Bob 34787, Did you speak with Heartland yourself or just your dealer? We discovered that sometimes a dealer's representative can be vague in the description of the problem.

Last edited:

Greengas

Did you speak with Heartland yourself or just your dealer? We discovered that sometimes a dealer's representative can be vague in the description of the problem.

I called myself. That way I could fact check what my dealer told me heartland said.

bob34787

yes, I talked to Art and he approved the floor replacement but they limited the Dealer to 4 hours for the repair and that was not enough time according to dealer

Garypowell

OK now we are getting down to the real problem. Unfortunately your going to have to do more work. I know you should not have to do this but you are going to have to resolve the difference in time between the two.

Of of course there are other factors here....like is the rig still under warranty. Being a 2013 does not tell me enough. I have a 2013 and it is way out of warranty.

So if this is a "gift" from HL I'd pony up the rest of the money and be thankful for the help. Or find an independent who might work more reasonably priced and you not chip in as much.

bob34787

Rv less than 13 months old, still under 2 year warranty, should not have to pay to fix Heartlands mistake.

Garypowell

Was not aware HL had 2 year warranty on line and in my book it says 1. Either way your best option is to learn to negotiate.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Find a different sevice center to do the repair. HL might even have one in your area to use. Call HL and ask. BTW, dealers are bound to do the repair for what HL pays for warranty labor times when they sign up as a dealer. When any person signs up to be a automobile dealer...that what they sign up for...no ifs ands or butts. I wish I could have told GM I was not going to the repairs at the warranty time. If I did..I would have been rolling my tool box out the door.