Dimmers for LEDs?

Hello Everyone, I have a Bighorn 3160EL on order I will be picking up in 18ish days. Im wondering if there is a way to put dimmer switches on the LED lighting? I love the light LEDs provide, I have them in my house and almost always keep them dimmed. Is this possible in my new trailer? Thanks everyone

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Yes it is possible, just be sure that the dimmers are rated for LED use.
There are several configurations I found on Ebay at this link. [LINK]
I'm sure that you could find others as well.

Peace
Dave

Ok a 2nd question that might be a stupid one, Are all LEDs dimmable? Can anyone from Heartland confirm that a dimmer switch on there LED lighting won't cause my new trailer to spontaneously combust? Thanks everyone

danemayer

Ok a 2nd question that might be a stupid one, Are all LEDs dimmable? Can anyone from Heartland confirm that a dimmer switch on there LED lighting won't cause my new trailer to spontaneously combust? Thanks everyone
Hi Brian,

The factory doesn't see every post on the forum and probably doesn't monitor this sub-forum. In any case, I don't think anyone could make a blanket statement about an unknown dimmer switch, except perhaps the maker of the switch. My guess is that the switch maker also wouldn't want to make any promises about unknown LEDs.

Cjackg

Here are a couple of low-priced LED dimmers I have used so far in our Cyclone with the oem LEDs... One is a wall mount that replaced the oem switch and the other is a wireless remote controlled LED dimmer I added to the awning lights.

Both are available on eBay or Amazon for very low prices. Both are pwm dimmers which usually will handle most LEDs...

LED-Inline-dimmer.JPG RearAwningsDimmer.jpg LED Dimmer.JPG