70" x 80" King Mattress

WBG

WBGavin
Hi all,

Does anyone know where one can purchase a really good 70" x 80" King size mattress. This is the size that fits our 2014 Bighorn 3570 RS.

I have done a lot of searching but have mostly found 72" x 80" and a few 68" x 80" mattresses.

I know I can buy one directly from Heartland, but am not sure it would be any better than the one that came with our rig.

Thanks for your help.

WBG

RoadJunkie

You never know if one mattress is going to be better than another. There is an national rally special on the Denver mattress, distributed by Lippert, that starts on May 1st. There is a link on the forum...do a search.

WBG

WBGavin
Thanks everyone for you responses,

I have checked Denver Mattress and LastingImpressions and as far as I can determine, they do not offer a 70" x 80" option. In King sizes, they only offer a 72" or a 76" version.

The local mattress companies I have checked with (Everett, WA) do not seem to carry them either.

Still looking.

WBG

Mrsfish

Thanks everyone for you responses,

I have checked Denver Mattress and LastingImpressions and as far as I can determine, they do not offer a 70" x 80" option. In King sizes, they only offer a 72" or a 76" version.

The local mattress companies I have checked with (Everett, WA) do not seem to carry them either.

Still looking.

WBG

We just bought a new king mattress for our bighorn from Lippert - the denver mattress. Not the same creature as the Denver Mattress store. This is an Rv king 70x80. We are very pleased. This is the mattress in the rally special

brianharrison

I also purchased a 72x80, however I went with a Simmons Beautyrest King, Barcelona model (pocket coil). The slide fits fine.

Brian

WBG

WBGavin
Found a web site that has three 70 x 80 mattresses available

Thanks for the URL.

The ugly fact is that US-Mattress charges $350 - $450 additional ( on top of $350 - $450 +) for the basic mattress) for a custom size such as the 70" x 80". That may be reasonable given that they have to modify their manufacturing process, but the cost is just tooo much. Was hoping I could find a manufacturer that made this size on a regular basis. I have requested this info from Heartland, but have yet to connect.

Will keep trying.

WBG

WBG

WBGavin
We just bought a new king mattress for our bighorn from Lippert - the denver mattress. Not the same creature as the Denver Mattress store. This is an Rv king 70x80. We are very pleased. This is the mattress in the rally special

Thanks so much.

I tried the Lippert web site and only came up with a 72" Denver mattress. Guess I should give them a call instead.

Thanks so much for the tip.

WBG

Mrsfish

Thanks so much.

I tried the Lippert web site and only came up with a 72" Denver mattress. Guess I should give them a call instead.

Thanks so much for the tip.

WBG

If if I may, when you call Lippert- ask for Shannon. He's in customer service and ihe isiincredible. Please tell him The Haddocks from az (we worked with him at quartzcite) say hi.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Thanks so much,

Unfortunately I could not find any 70" x80" mattresses on their website. Uggg!

WBG

If you read closely you'll see they don't list all sizes they make. Give them a call instead of relying on just the website

"When selecting your mattress size, please refer to our “mattress measuring” page so you purchase the exact size you need. If the size you need is not listed, please contact us. We have more than 40 different sizes available, and we can also custom-design a mattress specifically for your needs. "

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKDallBH

Call the Mattress Ranch there in washington. They have a store in Olympia and Poulsbo. Not sure where else. Last fall we bought a RV queen from them that was a really nice matress and very comfortable. If they don't have it in stock, they can probably get it.

WBG

WBGavin
Now that I understand that the 70" option "only" costs $100 more than the standard 72" model, I feel much better about the available choices.

Thanks so much for your research!!!

WBG