Small Closet to Small Pantry

theharveys

When the DW and I ordered our 2009 Landmark Augusta, we specified the double door refrigerator, knowing we would lose the pantry. However, we converted the little closet by the front door into a little pantry.
I found that a stock 1X6 fits the closet like a glove. All I did was put an upright up each side of the closet (inside) and then I attached "L" brackets to each side and cut the shelves just wide enough to fit with a little force.
I ripped some of the 1X6 down to 11/2" wide and used that for the front lip. The shelf is entirely inside the closet and the lip runs from door frame across to the other door frame. We stained the whole thing to match the wood. The best part of the pantry is that I can remove it anytime I wish. It is free-standing in the little closet...nothing attached to the trailer. :D:cool:

Attachments

• Closet to Pantry 004.JPG
    Closet to Pantry 004.JPG
    430.1 KB · Views: 144
  • Closet to Pantry 005.JPG
    Closet to Pantry 005.JPG
    426.6 KB · Views: 141
  • Closet to Pantry 006.JPG
    Closet to Pantry 006.JPG
    455.4 KB · Views: 150
  • Closet to Pantry 007.JPG
    Closet to Pantry 007.JPG
    431 KB · Views: 163
  • Closet to Pantry 008.JPG
    Closet to Pantry 008.JPG
    419.4 KB · Views: 150
  • Closet to Pantry 009.JPG
    Closet to Pantry 009.JPG
    453.2 KB · Views: 137
  • Closet to Pantry 010.JPG
    Closet to Pantry 010.JPG
    457.5 KB · Views: 130

lleach

Thanks for the idea and the instructions. We plan to make our closet into a pantry also. We wanted the double door refrigerator, also, but hated to lose the pantry.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Showed this to Linda, looks like I too will be busy making this mod

Mark

sprehoda

Our Approach

Converting the coat closet looks good.

Our approach will be to order the GC with both hallway wardrobes built with shelving. We don't need any more closet rods than in the bedroom wardrobe.

If that is not enough pantry space I will copy the mod in this thread.

timdebs

Great job! Not sure if I am going to show DW or not because if I do I will be turning our closet into a pantry also.