Mission tires

geeman53

Hello,first post here.We love our new Sundance BUT,we have real concerns over our CHINESE made Mission tires. That is the ONLY items on this FW that we are not happy:mad: with.Any one else running these and how long ? I'm afraid before our Yellowstone trip next year,we will have to replace them.
Thanks , GeemanNone

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Hi geeman,
I currently have Mission tires on my Bighorn. They have held up just fine. Maybe out of luck, I don't really know. But we have put a few miles on them over three years now and so far so good. I do try to maintain the air pressure and look at them everytime we stop. We are not overloaded and I drive the posted speeds.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Sundance_kid

Have them on our Sundance also, 16" 10 ply, have had no issues in almost 10,000 miles. I also watch the pressure close.

timk

About 20k on mine. No explosions yet. Knock on wood. Plan to replace them next season.
TimK

frumbawa

I also have Missions on my Sundance. I do everything that has been said. 80# pressure cold, check tires consistantly, and watch my speeds when towing. I also keep my tires covered when the rig is at home or when I spend more than a few days in the CG.

jwb187

I also have Mission 16" tires on my 3055rl, lots of people told me to get rid of them right away, but I thought I would give them a try. I maintain 80psi and check them regularly, and I also cover the tires when the vehicle is stationary for any length of time. I have probably 6000 miles on the tires and no wear to speak of and get a nice smooth ride. I did some research and found that the 15" tires were the ones that most people were having problems with....they have to be inflated to 110psi. I also read about problems with Goodyear maratons and other popular rv tires. I might have a different opinion after my 5000 mile trip this summer but, knock on wood, I'm giving them a try...jwb.

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
We have about 15000 miles on our Misson tires. Just got back from a 5600 mile trip to the warmer climates of Az. and Californa. I check the pressure every time we move to a different campground. Also I check the inside, outside and the tread side of the tires for checks, blisters gashes or anything that does not look right. Yes you must get down on your knees, at least, to check the inside wall. While you are on your knees you might as well say a little tire prayer, too.
So far so good.
Rand

Delaine and Lindy

I have Mission tires on a 32' inclosed car trailer. No I don't trust them, and if I pulled this trailer on long trips I would remove them. I have seen to much damage done by them. We were in the process of getting a Big Horn which had a tire called Freestar, before going to pick up the BH I had ordered a set of Goodyear LT 235/85R16 (G614) however we changed and got a Landmark which had the Goodyear LT 235/85R16 tires installed. I also have a Gooseneck equipment trailer which have Freestar tires on it, but its a all steel trailer and if one of the China Bombs blows it want do to much damage. But if you blow one on a 5th wheel the damage will be very expensive. What is the Answer, I don't have a clue. Until there is some pressure put on China tire makers it will continue. I highly recomend the Pressure Pro system, I run the system on what ever trailer I'm pulling. Also Mission tires aren't being made anymore, probably just changed the name I think. GBY.....

Loco

I know many folks on here have troubles with their Mission tires. Just to let you know our rig has 6 of them on the road and they have over 2 years on them we have not had one go bad as of today. We just got back from Indy today. I put 1200 miles on them this past week. The road up there and back were bad. Our roads down south are much better. I run 72 psi in our 15 inch tires. That is more than the 65 max. But after talking to tire manufactures about it they said I can go up to 10 psi over. So that is what I did and it is working so far.We now have over 12000 miles on them with NO troubles. I believe you must take care of these tire and always stay on top of pressures. Will I replace them with the same? No way. I will be going with ten ply MAXIS 15inch. Much better tire.

donabel

i haveprobably 10,000 miles on mine. I have had to replace 2 of them because of axle problems (uneven wear). I replaced the 1st with a Maxxis 10 ply and felt better about it. While in Elkhart for my therapy and repair, Heartland replaced my Maxxix and a Misson with 2 Missions. A tire dealer in elkhart told me that as much as I tow, I should go with Goodyear. I think I will when I am convinced that the uneven wear issue is solved.
Don

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Got an e-mail from Steve Claywell today. Steve has a BH 3055 - almost 2 years old. He informed me that he had his second blowout with his Mission tires - this time causing $900 damage to electrical and gas line. Says he will replace the remaining two with Goodyears before he heads back from Florida to Michigan this spring.

He didn't give me any information about his first blowout.

Taz Devil

Just this past weekend I was checking the air pressure and noticed that I would hear a lot of air escape while checking the pressure. It was coming from around the valve stem. Thinking this is the only tire to do this... boy was I wrong. All the tires did the same thing. If you were to move the valve stem from one side to another air would escape past the valve stem. It is going into the shop this weekend and will point this issue out to them. That would be something you may want to check out also.

Kevin

jbeletti

Hi Kevin,

Whether you stick with the Missions or not, have your tire shop install all-steel (not a hybrid) valve stems in your rims. Then no worry about rubber rot and no ability to move the stem side-to-side and experience air-loss.

Jim

Taz Devil

Jim,

I noticed that when I had new tires put on my TV, they installed new high pressure valve stems. I just didin't think that was right for the 5er. I also belive that there is a recall on a certain type of valve stems.

Kevin

dreamer

I have 15000miles on my 16 inch mission tires [Alaska and back] no issues. I did have 4 blowouts with new carlise tires on my previous trailer. I strongly reccommend the use of a pressure monitoring system. The system went off once and the tire still had 72 pounds of air but we could here the air hissing out. Without the monitor we would have had a different result not likely goodNone

trvlrerik

Tire problems

I am new to rv world but have hauled a lot of heavy fifth wheels around the USA. The most important thing is keeping your air pressure up at all times. If the tires get hot from running underpressure a blowout is just waiting to happen.
I have Mission tires on my Cyclone 3912 but will replace them with 10 ply Kumo tires. These are a little expensive but darn near indestructible

trvlrerik, Erik Clark
wife, 2 kids, 2 dogs, 6 cats
09 Cyclone 3912, 08 Ford f350 srw 6.4 powerstroke