driving rear view camera systems - recommendations

earlh20659

Hello everyone, I'm soon picking up my 2016 Cyclone 3110 and I'm planning on getting a rear view camera system so that I can see what's going on behind me without having to do a "crazy Ivan) periodically, the idea of which scares the heck out of me with such a large unit.
Anyone have recommendations of what are among the best with rear view camera systems for field of view, single vs multiple cameras, etc.

Thanks for your help.....:confused:

Earl

2016 Cyclone 3110
Arctic Package
Dual pane windows
Red HD Graphics package
w/d in garage

Tow vehicle
2014 F250 srw crew cab 6.5 ft bed
6.7 l diesel
firestone air bags
superglide 20k hitch

jbeletti

Hi Earl,

Congrats on the Cyclone and welcome to the forum! Great questions on backup cameras. Do also take a look at all the other Backup Camera threads in this forum to see what others have done.

There are several brands out there - all made off-shore from what I understand. I have had several brands and I prefer the Jensen Voyager system.

Then there's wired and wireless to consider. For the best quality and 100% availability, wired is the way to go. For ease of installation, wireless is the way to go, but understand its limitations.

A few on here have done rear and side cameras - though 99% will have a rear only.

Other's will weigh in here with their own thoughts, opinions and experiences.

whp4262

I bought a system from rear view safety and installed wired side cameras and one in the back. The picture quality of the rear camera is better then the sides but I'm somewhat disappointed in the picture quality overall. They advertise that the cameras work well at night but I have found that not to be the case. The field of view on the rear camera is limited so if you adjust it so you can see directly behind the trailer then you can't see much of the road behind you. I have my rear camera set to see directly behind the trailer and I use the distance markers to judge the distance I need to open the garage door. That part works pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cjackg

Wow! 2016 Cyclone ! makes my head spin... any info on the changes in the 3110 for 2016 ?

earlh20659

I walked around Lazy Days Tampa today looking at a 2015 3110 and initially all that I saw was different between it and my 2016 was that the bathroom cabinets in 2015 were cherry colored, and 2016 they are off white with a grey wash color around the edge of the center trim panels. I like the lighter color, it makes the room lighter and feels a bit more spacey, (as spacey can be in a trailer bathroom). I would have bought an in stock one, but I wanted the arctic package, dual pane windows and red graphics combination which they didn't have in stock.

So far, very happy with it. A couple minor tweeks, like brake wires lying on the springs on one side and one screen that didn't fit well, and one outside light that needed a new crimped wire connector. Having some key pad locks put on, not so much to attempt to make it bulletproof, but so that I don't have to carry a key around when I go for a walk or bike ride. Haven't left the lot yet, just giddy to be in it.

Cjackg

I walked around Lazy Days Tampa today looking at a 2015 3110 and initially all that I saw was different between it and my 2016 was that the bathroom cabinets in 2015 were cherry colored, and 2016 they are off white with a grey wash color around the edge of the center trim panels. I like the lighter color, it makes the room lighter and feels a bit more spacey, (as spacey can be in a trailer bathroom). I would have bought an in stock one, but I wanted the arctic package, dual pane windows and red graphics combination which they didn't have in stock.

So far, very happy with it. A couple minor tweeks, like brake wires lying on the springs on one side and one screen that didn't fit well, and one outside light that needed a new crimped wire connector. Having some key pad locks put on, not so much to attempt to make it bulletproof, but so that I don't have to carry a key around when I go for a walk or bike ride. Haven't left the lot yet, just giddy to be in it.
Enjoy it! We sure do love out 2015 3110 after traveling & camping several thousand miles thru a bunch of Southeastern states...

but, do consider replacing those oem tires/wheels asap.... not later!