Cleaning Question

cdnrver

We got our 2009 Sundance about 4 weeks ago. It is currently in storage until the weather improves. I took it out this past weekend to do some things (like non slip liner in the cabinets etc). Also did a quick wash to the outside to remove some of the road dirt during delivery.

While washing the unit I noticed numerous areas that had hard to remove materials like silicone drips from the factory (more noticeable when dirty), and road grime etc.

What is the best product to buy that would remove this stuff without worrying about doing damage to the finish or shine?

Also, should I wax the unit and what kind of wax should I buy?

Thanks

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
You can use mineral spirits lightly to remove sealant and other junk from the fiberglass walls. Once the trailer is clean and ready for wax I use Nufinish 2000 plain old car polish. I use zip wash for regular cleanings after that to help maintain the finish.

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Ray: I'm not sure about Nu Finish 2000 is this product the same as Nu Finish in the orange bottle? I'v got a new bottle of Nu Finish but it say not to use on vinyl ? not sure but thought the decals might be vinyl ? Any ideas?

Netem

You really should use a wax thats made for fiberglass as a car wax can yellow . I've also asked around about the vinyl decals and most say wax is not good for them.