Outside skin under the nose around the kingpin

The outside skin under the nose around the kingpin on our 2012 Heartland fifth wheel is beginning to bubble and starting to sag. Has anyone had this experience and how have you handled it? Thanks for your assistance!

branson4020

Icantre Member
This happened to me. It was a sign of water intrusion. Water on the back side of that fiberglass coated cardboard-like material under the overhang, around the pinbox, will cause it to ripple in no time. In my case, the water was coming from the seam between the roof and the front cap.

Grey Ghost

:mad: I have the same problem, suppose I best get at it and fix it before it becomes a real problem. Water intrusion is nothing to screw around with.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
In my case, it was due to taking a shortcut when winterizing the washer/dryer in the front closet. Bit me in the butt after a while. Screwed the overhang to the frame and installed a drain pan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
I had that problem on my '09 BH and it was from a leaking seam around the cap. I resealed the cap and used some trim pieces, like goes along under the hitch pin and down the front edges. I screwed two pieces spaced about 2 feet apart across from side to side. The rubber insert covers the screws and it worked well.

'Lil Guy'

From day one on my E289, the front skin has been a little loose there also. I don't think it's caused my water. Maybe a good idea to put tome trim or screws with buttons to hold it up better. Would that be alright?

Snow

X 2 on the water ,my big country leaked water around the king pin cover found out the caulk had cracked on the right side on the edge of the front cap on top same thing with the back cap on the left side had water comeing in around the back window , this all happened on the second night being in it .clad I caught it early now I check the entire roof before each trip . Good luck ⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
From day one on my E289, the front skin has been a little loose there also. I don't think it's caused my water. Maybe a good idea to put tome trim or screws with buttons to hold it up better. Would that be alright?

We ha something similar right from the factory. Had the dealer put a few trim screws up into the frame. Looks good now.