2013 Big Country Ladder Bottom Rung broke off

bfs

Can anyone tell me what I should do about repairing or replacing the ladder on the rear of my 2-13 Big Country. I returned from a nice trip, while backing into the shed, I went a little too far back and hit the bottom rung of my latter, breaking it off just below the first step.
I know someone has done that. I don't want to buy a new ladder of course, please help.
Thanks
BFS

jbeletti

Good news - that bottom loop is replaceable. Contact Atwood Customer Service (800-546-8759).

I recently shortened my bottom loop - this is how I know it's easily removable.

Remove those 2 screwes that hold the loop to the bottom horizontal stand-offs. Then remove the end caps on each side of the bottom step and the next step up. Then the loop will be able to be pulled down and off the ladder.

dbbls59

If you are going to the rally, put it on your work order. Heartland is replacing mine at the rally.

Gaffer

Is the bottom hoop the only place the ladder separates? I am picking up a new ladder and was told that it shipped in one piece in bubble wrap.

bfs

Don't know, I have ordered it, let you know when I get it.
Thanks for your reply.
Frank
I got my bottom loop today and installed it, really pretty simple.
Happy Trails Frank

Last edited:

bfs

That,s the way mine looked when I removed the broken bottom part, it broke right at the first step.
I,ll let you know when it get the replacement, should receive it any day.
Frank

jbeletti

Is the bottom hoop the only place the ladder separates? I am picking up a new ladder and was told that it shipped in one piece in bubble wrap.

On my ladder, the left and right rails are each a single piece. They begin at the flange where they mount to the roof and end at the center of the bottom rung (step). At the bottom rung, the loop connects to the rails.

Each rung (step) can be removed individually. The stand-offs that connect the rails to the coach can also be removed as can the mounting flanges/brackets on the coach.

bfs

I got the bottom loop and installed it today, piece of cake.
Not sure if the upper portion is replaceable

jbeletti

I got the bottom loop and installed it today, piece of cake.
Not sure if the upper portion is replaceable

Can you share the Atwood ordering part number and retail cost in this thread? Might be good reference for others.

Thanks,

Jim

bfs

Can you share the Atwood ordering part number and retail cost in this thread? Might be good reference for others.

Thanks,

Jim

Hey Jim, the part #84639 and price is $30.18 from ATWOOD, I ordered it through Heartland Service Parts 574-266-8726.
Hope that helps.
Frank

jbeletti

Hey Jim, the part #84639 and price is $30.18 from ATWOOD, I ordered it through Heartland Service Parts 574-266-8726.
Hope that helps.
Frank

Thanks Frank. What was the price from Heartland (without tax/shipping)?