wallpaper bubbles

Debtramm

Hi all,

We've had the 2016 3570 Bighorn for one week. Absolutely love it. Only one problem, which I think is minor, but just wanted to get some feedback. The wallpaper has bubbles/wrinkles over fascia (above tv) and around stove area. No dampness noted, just looks to not have adequate glue on back of wallpaper. Anyone have this problem. If so, what was your correction? Thanks in advance for your opinions. Deb

B

BouseBill

Hi Deb, Our 2015 Bighorn 3570 had the same problem, we removed it and replaced with the stick on tile look.
I think it's one on Heartlands little problems that needs solving....one of these days LOL

Brazos

Debtramm, Our 2015 Bighorn 3570RS has the exact same issue as you describe if I read you correctly. Above the tv on the slide ceiling there is wallpaper that has a few wrinkles and on the wall behind the stove. To the right of the slide ceiling seam there is paneling on the slide ceiling that matches the wall paper on the slide ceiling.
I have worked at mine by pressing the wrinkles with my fingers and they are somewhat better. The wallpaper on the wall over the stove I have pressed back down and it appears to be fine.
I tried to order some more stick down wall paper for the ceiling slide through the dealer and Heartland sent an 8" strip to the dealer. It is not wide enough to replace what is there. Heartland told the dealer they do not have that wallpaper any wider than 8". The obvious question was where did they get what was stuck up there from the factory.
I guess it is a mystery for us and we can look at wallpaper stores for something that could replace it.

Question for BouseBill, Did you put tile on the backsplash or the slide ceiling?

B

BouseBill

We used the Smart Tiles from Home Depot to redo the stove backsplash. It was bubbled beyond belief, and no matter what we did it would not stay down.

Brazos, that was a funny post. We have a 3270RS and a jayco just before it. Both brand new and both had wall paper issues. I live in the desert and these rigs are made in the Midwest area. I just assumed that the difference in climate caused the paper to bubble. I have smoothed it down mostly and have not had any problems except for the occasional re-smoothing. Eventually the wife will choose a new wall paper and I'll have yet another project to perform. LOL You would figure that as much as these rigs go for, they would put more pride in their work. Heartland does need to work on their customer service though. When you call them it's like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Good luck and happy smoothing!