Built in end tables

Has anyone tried to remove the built in end tables that are in the rear bay of some Bighorns? If you were able to remove them, how did you do it and did the wall look OK afterward or was it obvious you had removed them?

I would like to put an 84" sofa in the rear but I only have 80" between the two built-ins.

jbeletti

There will be a couple of screw holes in the wall is all. With a longer sofa, you may not see the holes. If you do, you can obtain some "seam tape" from Heartland the same as the decor panel on the wall. Use it like a band aid and the hole will disappear.

There will be a couple of screw holes in the wall is all. With a longer sofa, you may not see the holes. If you do, you can obtain some "seam tape" from Heartland the same as the decor panel on the wall. Use it like a band aid and the hole will disappear.

Thanks for the information. How do I go about removing the table? I don't see any screws so can't tell how it's attached to the wall.
Would love to get some of the wall tape. How do I order it?

Thanks for the information. How do I go about removing the table? I don't see any screws so can't tell how it's attached to the wall.
Would love to get some of the wall tape. How do I order it?
No one is willing to share HOW they removed the tables without damaging the walls. We are going to give it a try this weekend as we need the extra space.

donr827

I would think that you only have to back out then screws that hold it to the wall. Never done it myself.
Don

jbeletti

Carol and John,

If the sides are not open and there is a panel there, carefully pry that panel off. Once it's off, you should see the screws that hold the table to the wall and floor.

Well the end tables are history but there sure were a lot more than 2 screws in each one. We ended up with a whole bunch of holes to repair.
I've contacted customer service about ordering seam tape but haven't heard back yet...hope they let me know next week.

Despite the holes it was worth it to gain almost 10 inches across the rear of the RV. For now we are putting our recliners from home in and then I'll decide if I really want a couch or not. We have a double reclining loveseat on the wall facing the TV.

Hard to believe in a week we will be living in the RV and will be official full-timers. It's been a long time coming.