Water filter

Dawnnira

New Jersey Chapter Leaders-Retired
A permanent plumbed water filter in storage compartment...im still suprised my new 3685rl is without?

Lynn1130

If not properly cared for the filter will grow bacteria. Some people do not like them and have their own systems. I doubt that Heartland wants to take on the liability should someone get sick and sue. We have a society that seems to like to sue for any little reason.

jbeletti

A permanent plumbed water filter in storage compartment...im still suprised my new 3685rl is without?

Some prefer a single stage over two stages. I like two.

Some do not want more water connections in the coach and add theirs outside. I prefer behind the utility wall.

Some do not want hassle with the whole-house systems and will use an inline hose-thread style disposable system. I prefer the whole-house system.

Just a lot of options and no one way is right for everyone. That said, Landmark 365 now comes with a single whole-house filter system. This will work for most. But it's not in the storage bay. It's behind the utility wall. And honestly, it's the first thing I removed from my coach. I then installed a system of my own design to suit my own needs.

I suggest you think through what you want and add just what you want and just how and where you want it. Chek out www.rvwaterfilterstore.com as a resource.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I built my own dual filter system and keep in in a large tote under the rig while in use. Others have built filter systems into their rigs, mounted in the UDC or on the basement wall. In six summer seasons of use, it's never developed any mold or crud. And Montezuma has not visited our campsite. I use a water meter and pressure gages on the system to see how much water has flowed through it and change the filters as needed.

Birchwood

We have given up wasting money and time on water filters.We are currently in Florida and fill are drinking water
bottles at WalMart or WinDixie.When we do this our bellies don't feel bloated and sick!!!