Cyclone 4100 2015 water filtration? ?

lpnlady

This is my first week full-time camping while husband works.(he is a lineman)
the water is terrible at this campground and im wondering if there should be a water filtration system somewhere in here..

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
This is my first week full-time camping while husband works.(he is a lineman)
the water is terrible at this campground and im wondering if there should be a water filtration system somewhere in here..

I don't see that listed on HL's website as a standard or available option for your rig. If there isn't one, you could use a cheap inline filter from most RV parts stores (or WalMart), or you could build your own filtration system using household canister filters from Lowe's, Home Depot, or The RV Water Filter Store (online seller). Many of us have made our own single or dual filter systems. Some have made them as a built-in system, others like me, have it in a large tote that sits under the rig when parked.

A dual filter system will remove both sediment and contaminants. Select filters that give the highest output while filtering down to 1 micron or less. I would also recommend a quality, adjustable water pressure regulator (with gage) to protect your plumbing from possible high water pressure at campgrounds.

jimtoo

Hi lpnlady,

No, the factory does not offer or install a water filter system. Lots of folks add their own such as one from the big box stores that are easy to hookup.

Moved thread to better area also.

Jim M

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
As stated, get the house under sink water filters from Lowes or HD.....not CW. You could hook 2 together with a different type filter in each. X2 on a good pressure regulator with a guage that has 5-6 GPM flow. The little ones that go inline with the hose suck...no water flow (GPM) and will go bad. You never want to put more than 50 PSI to your coach.

Wk15

I use the system in post #10 in the blue tote. It works great.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/36472-Water-Filtration?highlight=Water+filter