New Bumper Pull Toy Haulers

JanAndBill

Recently read an article on some of the recently released bumper pull toy haulers by other manufacturers. I was seeing trailers up in the 12-13,000 GVWR, with hitch weights of over 1,500#. To me that seems like a lot of weight on a bumper pull. I pulled a travel trailer with a hitch weight a little over 800# and even with an equalizer, it was all I wanted on the back end of a 3/4 ton. It would seem to me that if you had to go to a 1 ton anyhow, why stay with a TT design instead of going to a 5th wheel?

justafordguy

My last Bumper pull had a 1250lb hitch weight and it didn't pull well. It was very unstable even with a good WD hitch and air bags on my F250.

HornedToad

Reminds me of a quote from the Field of Dreams...

"If you build it, (he will come)"... they will buy it???

JanAndBill

Reminds me of a quote from the Field of Dreams...

"If you build it, (he will come)"... they will buy it???

Maybe, but the other day we went to store. Wife picked up a box of crackers, right beside it was the same brand only a larger box for just a few pennies more. Obviously we got the larger box. That's kind of my point on the trailer.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
There is some exciting news coming from Heartland, a new Torque Extreme Lite toy hauler TT line! Look for information in the next Heartland Highlights! (currently in layout).

Erika