Brain/RF receiver location?? - 2012 Elkridge 36QBCK

Hi everyone,

New to the forum and to 5th wheeling. We got a used 2012 Elkridge 36QBCK (bunk house) fiver and it was in pretty bad shape with busted interior and we are slowly getting it back to a livable stage.

One thing that I am still trying to find and fix is the LCI Remote and RF receiver that is able to move the three slide outs and the landing gear and rear stabilizer jacks. I have looked in all the obvious and not so obvious places.

- Main hatch at 5th wheel hitch, no luck, even tried to follow the wire from the landing gear but it quickly disappears under the belly
- pass through area: I even removed both interior walls - the one to the living room revealed the hot water heater access, water pump, AC to DC inverter and the fuse box but no my brain box.
- One post here said to check behind the panel where the washer/dryer hookup is and initially I really thought this was it, but no it was only access to the p-trap for the waste water.
- removed the air return vent screen as I saw a bunch of wires through the screen, but they just passed through there, so no luck here either.

I am really baffled on where this black box could be. I know what it looks like from pictures, but it's beyond me where the MFG stuffed this box.

If anyone can throw some other locations at me that I can try that would be great.

Thanks.

danemayer

Hi swissarmyknife,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

A lot of times there's an access panel inside one of the living area/kitchen cabinets. If you don't see a panel, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They should be able to help you find it.

MagnoliaTom

Not sure on your model, but on mine it is behind the panel the has all the light switches, tank indicators, slide out switches, etc.

In that cabinet is a dummy panel that hides all the wiring. It also hides the "brain". At least it did in mine.

Not sure on your model, but on mine it is behind the panel the has all the light switches, tank indicators, slide out switches, etc.

In that cabinet is a dummy panel that hides all the wiring. It also hides the "brain". At least it did in mine.

Thanks guys. After several other post in different forums also mentioned a dummy panel, I rechecked all the cabinets again. I found a diagonally mounted wall colored panel on the inside corner of the bottom cabinet next to the dinette - same wall as the fuses and switches but on floor level. I missed it before because when I opened the cabinet door I expected the cover to be straight on so never opened the doors wide as it as hidden on the right corner. Anyway, I found it and now I can keep troubleshooting.

Turns out this is the 8 channel receiver and all channels but one are hooked up as I suspected. I will first make a device list and label the wires in case I need to remove the receiver if it's bad.