Single bowl kitchen sink

I would love to have a single bowl sink instead of our two dinky double bowl sink. I know the newest models have a larger sink on one side which is a big improvement but I really like a single bowl.

Designate a space on the island for a dishwasher. We want to install the new Splendide dishwasher but are lacking an inch of horizontal space. AARG!!

We have a 2015 3570RS

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you want to install a dishwasher and the cabinet is an inch too narrow you may be able to cut the stiles by 1/2 inch each.
That may give you the room you need.

Peace
Dave

Garypowell

You'd be surprised what you can do to their cabinets as in many places they are screwed together. You have to look from inside sometimes to see the screws holding things together.

Thanks Dave and Gary. Unfortunately our drawer is only 18" wide so even trimming down the stiles (which we'd certainly be happy to do) won't work.
John said he would take a look at the cabinet so see if he can get the current sink out and have room to put a new one in. I haven't been able to find one that fits the hole our current on is in so it would require a lot of carpentry not to mention making the hole in the countertop larger. Probably that would be best left to a professional.