Propane Quick Connect

Mullins

:cool:I have a 2015 Cyclone with a Propane Quick Connect adapter. I am thinking about using this on my next trip but I am not sure about LP pressure (or inches of water column) coming from the RV to fire up the BBQ. I have a Camp Chef with 3 burners. I know that I have to take the regulator off the BBQ and use the one from the RV. I have read that using the Quick Connect does not work all that well. Please share your experiences with this type of hook-up. Does it work that well, and are there modifications that have to be done other than removing the regulator?:cool:

pegmikef

Mine worked well on my North Trail, but my grill was an Olympian 5500 made for low pressure applications. I am not sure if a COTS high pressure grill would function correctly by merely removing the pressure gauge.

justafordguy

Same here, the quick disconnect worked great on my last rig (haven't tried the one on my gateway yet) but it had an Olympian low pressure grill. It got very hot very quickly.

whp4262

:cool:I have a 2015 Cyclone with a Propane Quick Connect adapter. I am thinking about using this on my next trip but I am not sure about LP pressure (or inches of water column) coming from the RV to fire up the BBQ. I have a Camp Chef with 3 burners. I know that I have to take the regulator off the BBQ and use the one from the RV. I have read that using the Quick Connect does not work all that well. Please share your experiences with this type of hook-up. Does it work that well, and are there modifications that have to be done other than removing the regulator?:cool:

I have a Camp Chef Pro 90 three burner stove but have not hooked it up to the quick connect yet. Camp Chef sells a hose to hook the stove to the quick connect on the trailer and I expect that it will work fine. Plan on doing this with mine on the next outing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daynawide

I have a big gas 3 burner from camp chef works great off the quick connect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just got a '13 Big Country. Unfortunately there's no external propane connection for a grill. Any suggestions on where and how to tap into the low-pressure line to add a quick-connect? I was thinking about adding a T where the line goes from flex to solid below the propane compartment, then dropping down to an L and bolting a quick-connect with valve to the frame.

whp4262

Just got a '13 Big Country. Unfortunately there's no external propane connection for a grill. Any suggestions on where and how to tap into the low-pressure line to add a quick-connect? I was thinking about adding a T where the line goes from flex to solid below the propane compartment, then dropping down to an L and bolting a quick-connect with valve to the frame.

Adding a quick connect is not hard to do with a little planning. You can find the quick connects on the Internet and the rest of the stuff you need you can get from Lowes or Home Depot. You need black pipe not galvanized and pipe dope not the Teflon tape. Lowes or Home Depot can cut and thread the pipe in whatever length you need. And of course you need a place to start taking the gas line apart on your camper like at the end of a line working back to where you want the quick connect to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You mentioned that you were looking to tap into the low pressure side.
Just an FYI, if you don't already know, you will need a grill without a pressure regulator.

Peace
Dave