Awning Rugs or Ground Mats

BluegrassMan

Hi All:
While at the Hershey RV show, my wife wanted a NEW rug to put down under the awning. We have had the woven flowered or peacock etc. plastic ones. We all use. We initially looked for those. We couldn't find one that would match our stripes You know Gold or Honey Brown. All we could find was a tacky dark School Bus or Mustard yellow!

Across the arena thera was another vendor selling woven rugs BUT different! These weren't made in sections then stitched together to make up the size. These are ALL one piece woven vinyl material. (he had a piece with a hole cut in it, I couldn't pull it or TEAR it !!!) This rug is THINNER than the ones that we all have used. There are eyelets in the corners if you want to hold it down.
The guy said this one won't flip up in a breeze like the other ones.

They come in MANY colors and designs, we chose one called TAPESTRY it has the browns and the golds in it that looks great with the stripes !!!!! Our next order is to get our chairs to match the rug.

If anyone is interested the company is J&J Sunshades, the guy is out of Florida, you can go to www.rvmat.com these are MADE IN THE USA not a Chinese or Tiwan import ! They are BREATHABLE (water goes thru)

Just my .02 cents worth.:p

Tom of Ypsi

Denny, Friends of ours has the mat from rvmats and they absolutely love theirs even with the burn mark from hot coals (another story). There is a show coming up in Novi, Mi the 1st week in Oct and I am definetly going to buy a mat and get rid of this CW mat, too bulky and does not dry quickly like the rvmat does.

jbeletti

Denny and Tom,

Thanks for the review of the RV Mat. We're in the market for a new one as well. Still using the ugly blue and white polypropylene one from CW. Starting to come apart at a seam from being folded so many times.

Went to the website but could not see the colors of the mats. I'll look for them at the shows this fall/winter.

Take care guys,

Jim

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
These mats look good. I only wish they made matching step covers. I bought mine at CW as they matched and let the step covers go with the Cameo that I sold last year. I was about to buy new ones to match the mat, but think I will wait to see this mat.

I've contacted the company to see if step covers are on their radar screens.

Last edited:

cdbMidland

I received a reply from the company and they will make the step covers to match the mats. I plan to stop by their shop next February when I am in the area and purchase mats and covers.

Tom of Ypsi

Chuck & Sandra, Thanks for the info on the steps. I will be going to the Novi, Mi show tomorrow, senior discount, and hope to get a mat and possibly step mats also. Also I noticed on the site map for the show General RV is not showing any Heartland products at the show. Maybe they did not want to pay for the advertising or something else.
On a different note, we were in your area from Thursday to Monday last week camping at Lake of Dreams in Merrill, nice campground and friendly staff. I talked to them about workamping there next year and I may be there from April thru into Oct depending on what they offer and what I want. Everything was left to further discussion.

cdbMidland

My son has camped there and we visited it when he was set up. It can be sloppy when it rains there and we came right after a big rainfall. Good luck and we'll try to get over to see you sometime.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
You'll love these mats! We've had ours from J and J Sunshade for more than 4 years now, and it still looks brand new. With their lifetime guarantee you'll never have to worry about buying another mat again...unless of course you change rigs and color matters...LOL:D