Introducing Heartland Owners Position

linuxkidd

We are bringing online our latest addition to the Heartland Onwers online family....

Heartland Owners Position
This area is setup to help share your current location with other Heartland Owners. Again, it is only accessible by registered members. For a quick 'How To' on getting your position into the system, see this PDF file.

For discussion and questions about HOP, please use the new Heartland Owners Position section of the forum.

As usual, all feedback is very welcome!
Thanks!
LK

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
LK Very Cool! One question. How do we edit spelling errors? Thanks. Never mind! I experimented and figured it out.

truknutt

Committed Member
Boy oh boy, go away for 12 hours and now we got HOOT, HOP, HOC, & HOG. ...and they say the Military uses acronyms!!

Pretty soon we'll need a copy of the "HEARTLAND Owner's Official Downloadable LINUXKIDD User's Manual" sitting next to the computer. (or should that be the HOODLUM?) LOL!

Just jerkin' it; these are really great additions/tools that make the site that much more enjoyable. ;):p

MFFD28

Great idea!! I'm new to this forum and I'm really impressed by everything I've seen so far. Great moderators and great members!

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
This is neat LK. I presume that when we move we go to the your entry link and go thru the steps to change location. If that's not correct, let me know.

Bill

linuxkidd

To move the pin, currently.. you must go to the 'Your entry' page, scroll all the way to the bottom and check the 'Delete the marker information' check box, then click the 'Update the information' button. After that, go through the original steps to add the pin back in the new location.

I'm going to be working on it so that it allows the position to be changed without a full delete / re-add cycle.

Looks like a great reception on this... We're up to 39 pins!
LK

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Thanks Mike, the site is way:cool::cool:. Now I have a green balloon over my house. Will the balloon show up on map quest in case I get lost??? Bob:D:D:eek:

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
Well ain't that sump'n. "Hoodlum" is definitely a geek. What else do you have up your sleeve for us to play with, besides ants...

Clark

Mike, I have tried and have been told that I am not allowed access. Maybe you can tell me what I should be doing? Clark

linuxkidd

All: When new users sign up on Heartland Owners forum, their first 2 posts are moderated. This helps us head off spammers without all the forum members having to see the junk they are trying to post.

HOP operates under the same rules. After your 2nd post is approved, you will have access to HOP. It's a rarity for spammers to actually get accounts now, but it has happened in the past.

Clark, doubled... Both of you now have at least 2 approved posts, so you should be A-OK to use HOP. Please send me a Private Message if you still experience issues.

Thanks,
LK

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I will need a larger monitor-maybe a 32"

If we get anymore pins on that map I will need a super widescreen monitor to see them. None

This is a good thing having all these people place their pins. I am really glad we have so many people interested.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Another way to change the pin...

I, like the rest of you, had trouble moving the pin and had to delete it and go back in and reenter the text and such.

I have found out that if I use my Streets & Trips to get the Long & Lat at my present location I can enter it into the pin's Long & Lat and it will work with out deleting it.

I then go back to see if it is showing my present location. So far it has worked.

I think this is a great tool. Every day I go into the HOP to see if anyone has move to my location or if there is anyone at the location I am going to move too.

Thanks to the Admin's for adding this tool.

Right now I am alone and lonesome. :(

irvin56

Thanks

cool, it took a few ( 2 well 3) trys to figure it out. Thanks Loks like only a few of us Canadians aboard or else they are all in hiding

ct0218

I just looked at the HOP map and there are no pins. I don't think I did anything to make them disappear, I just don't see them. They were there last time I looked which was 4 or 5 days ago. Anyone else have that problem?