PDA

View Full Version : Central vacuum recommendation

Capt7383
04-19-2015, 06:40 PM
We were thinking of installing a central vac system to our big country 3070. Does anybody have any words of wisdom or recommendations for us as to manufacturer.
thanks in advance

dbbls59
04-19-2015, 07:11 PM
The only one I have used was the one that came in our Big Country. Not worth getting the hose out to use. There is no beater head so it cleans no better that a deep inhale while laying on the floor. I noticed they do not put them in the newer units. We use a vac we purchased at Target.

katkens-DW
04-20-2015, 08:22 AM
My central Vacuum works great it's a Eureka Yellow Jacket . We brought a beater brush and I works good to, I also have 3 dogs and it gets the hair up real good. I would not trade mine for anything .

pegmikef
04-20-2015, 09:57 AM
My central Vacuum works great it's a Eureka Yellow Jacket . We brought a beater brush and I works good to, I also have 3 dogs and it gets the hair up real good. I would not trade mine for anything .

Exactly what we did and my wife loves it. A lot of folks like them, but a lot of folks prefer the rechargeable Dysons that are now standard in a lot of the newer fivers. It is a matter of personal preference. We like the fact that the dust is ported out to the basement instead of just recycled.

porthole
04-20-2015, 10:21 AM
We have the eureka and the cordless dyson. Our dyson is a model or two above the HL supplied models. It works ok but has to be emptied daily.
The central vac works great too. I added to the piping, installed a muffler and plumbed it to the outside. With a beater bar it does a good job.
Since HL no longer offers it as an option, I would most likely install the eureka in the next rig, and also plumb it outside.

Trailer Trash
04-21-2015, 06:15 PM
We found the cent. vac. to be a bit bulky, we find the port. vac. to be smaller, lighter and in general more handy.