Central vacuum recommendation

Capt7383

We were thinking of installing a central vac system to our big country 3070. Does anybody have any words of wisdom or recommendations for us as to manufacturer.
thanks in advance

dbbls59

The only one I have used was the one that came in our Big Country. Not worth getting the hose out to use. There is no beater head so it cleans no better that a deep inhale while laying on the floor. I noticed they do not put them in the newer units. We use a vac we purchased at Target.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
My central Vacuum works great it's a Eureka Yellow Jacket . We brought a beater brush and I works good to, I also have 3 dogs and it gets the hair up real good. I would not trade mine for anything .

pegmikef

My central Vacuum works great it's a Eureka Yellow Jacket . We brought a beater brush and I works good to, I also have 3 dogs and it gets the hair up real good. I would not trade mine for anything .

Exactly what we did and my wife loves it. A lot of folks like them, but a lot of folks prefer the rechargeable Dysons that are now standard in a lot of the newer fivers. It is a matter of personal preference. We like the fact that the dust is ported out to the basement instead of just recycled.

porthole

Retired
We have the eureka and the cordless dyson. Our dyson is a model or two above the HL supplied models. It works ok but has to be emptied daily.
The central vac works great too. I added to the piping, installed a muffler and plumbed it to the outside. With a beater bar it does a good job.
Since HL no longer offers it as an option, I would most likely install the eureka in the next rig, and also plumb it outside.