Frigidaire refrigerator not cooling

jdamude

We have a 2014 Big Country 3650RL with the Frigidaire residential fridge option. We used our traile for the first time this weekend and the fridge would not cool. It powered up ok, I can here the fan run and can here the compressor start, but no cooling in the fridge and freezer. Any ideas?

Thanks
Jeff

retskc

I had the same problem with my refer, check the top and see if the factory installed slam latches if they did the drilled into the Freon lines and your refer lost all of its Freon we are on our third refer

Jon

jbeletti

I had the same problem with my refer, check the top and see if the factory installed slam latches if they did the drilled into the Freon lines and your refer lost all of its Freon we are on our third refer
Jon

Jon - are you saying there's a refrigerant line at the top, front edge of the refer case? I was considering installing some latches there. I'd think all the refrigerant lines would be at the back of the refer case.

retskc

yes there is when be bought or coach the dealer had a fridgidare tech look at the refer when it would not cool the Freon lines are for frost control I use a bunge cord to keep door closed

John

jbeletti

yes there is when be bought or coach the dealer had a fridgidare tech look at the refer when it would not cool the Freon lines are for frost control I use a bunge cord to keep door closed

John

Good to know. Maybe we can find a drawing to show where exactly these lines are. Perhaps this is why Heartland no longer uses buckles or latches on top of the residential refer case.

Toccoatravelers

We just bought a new landmark Key Largo At Camping world 2 weeks ago with a side by side residential refrigerator, had PDI this past Thursday,found out the refer was not cooling, CW had a fridgedaire tech come in and they said it had a hole in the cooling unit, CW said they would swap out a refer from another unit however that refer has a scratch on the freezer door, but the one on mine that is broken had good doors. Here is the question, is there any reason why the freezer doors cannot be swapped if the refers are identical. CW says that it can't be done. That just doesn't make sense. I personally think they don't want to,

BTW they have already removed the broken one out of mine and damaged my floor and I still don't have my coach. Any info is appreciated

thanks from a VERY Frustrated wife!

osims

bsims
They have to take the doors off to get them in and out of the coach, so there is no reason they couldn't swap doors.