? 2014 Big Country 3251ts

PK4

We currently own a 2014 FR Wildcat. We are Not happy with the FR product and are now scared of the RV products as a whole. We saw a 2014 Big Country 3251TS and liked the floorplan. Are there problems with this model and how is Heartland as a company to work with? I saw some complaints at BBB but want current owner input.

Thanks for your replies!!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I believe that Heartland has been great a great company to work with. There are many post of positive relations with the factory.
It seems that people with problems are the most vocal and that is what we hear about, seldom good feedback.
Many owners prefer to take care of their problems on their own, simply because they can. Fix it and move on.
For others a loose screw is a catastrophe.
I am sure that others will chime in with their opinions.

Peace
Dave

PK4

I believe that Heartland has been great a great company to work with. There are many post of positive relations with the factory.
It seems that people with problems are the most vocal and that is what we hear about, seldom good feedback.
Many owners prefer to take care of their problems on their own, simply because they can. Fix it and move on.
For others a loose screw is a catastrophe.
I am sure that others will chime in with their opinions.

Peace
Dave

Thanks

gasman

Camp Socializer
We just purchased our second Big Country...for a reason! Heartland CS has been remarkable to work with.
The have been very helpful whenever I have called.

my wife and I own that same model and year. she feel inlove with the floor plan. we have not had any problems with ours. this is our second heartland product. we did have some small issues with our sundance and heartland c.s. was fantastic.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Is the BC a used or new unit. If used, it will not have any factory warranty. HL is very good at giving advise or helping getting parts if needed. Any time you call, make sure you have VIN# handy. If you are inclined to buy any warranty, look at Good Sam. Most of the others are a rip off.

PK4

Is the BC a used or new unit. If used, it will not have any factory warranty. HL is very good at giving advise or helping getting parts if needed. Any time you call, make sure you have VIN# handy. If you are inclined to buy any warranty, look at Good Sam. Most of the others are a rip off.

Yes it is new. Also looking at the BC 2015 3450. I thought HL offers a forever warranty. Is that true? If so is it a good warranty

danemayer

I thought HL offers a forever warranty. Is that true? If so is it a good warranty

That would be very good, but it's not true. Heartland provides a 1 year warranty on most models. Appliance suppliers usually warrant their products themselves and a few offer longer warranties.

You can download a copy of the current trailer manual, which includes the official warranty statement, at the HeartlandRVs.com website.

A few weeks ago someone posted about his dealer providing a "Forever Warranty" which is backed by a third party. If that's what your dealer is offering, you should investigate the details and read the fine print carefully to assess its value.

buddyboy

Agree totally - read any extended warranty carefully, paying close attention to the "not covered" or exclusions sections.

Bob&Patty

A "forever warranty" would scare the heck out of me. I would not buy anything like that. Your coach has a 1 year warranty. When that is up, buy the Good Sams which you can buy at anytime. Also, on the 2014 BC, what tires are on it? If they are "towmax" run dont walk and get them replaced....maybe work a deal with the dealer to replace them. A good choice is the GY G614...but not cheap. Being that the 2014 BC is at least 2 years old. Do a very careful PDI. Check all the chalking on the roof. Remember its been setting in the weather outside the whole time. If you do decide on the 2014 BC...you should get a great price on it. Just so you know...dealers make up their own prices. So what ever they have posted in the coach..deduct at least 25 to 30%off that...then make your deal. If you can get the VIN# of the 2014 and call HL, they might even give your "their" MSRP on the coach and then still deduct 25-30% off that.

PK4

A "forever warranty" would scare the heck out of me. I would not buy anything like that. Your coach has a 1 year warranty. When that is up, buy the Good Sams which you can buy at anytime. Also, on the 2014 BC, what tires are on it? If they are "towmax" run dont walk and get them replaced....maybe work a deal with the dealer to replace them. A good choice is the GY G614...but not cheap. Being that the 2014 BC is at least 2 years old. Do a very careful PDI. Check all the chalking on the roof. Remember its been setting in the weather outside the whole time. If you do decide on the 2014 BC...you should get a great price on it. Just so you know...dealers make up their own prices. So what ever they have posted in the coach..deduct at least 25 to 30%off that...then make your deal. If you can get the VIN# of the 2014 and call HL, they might even give your "their" MSRP on the coach and then still deduct 25-30% off that.

We are now considering a 2015 BC 3450ts, I know it has G rated tires but not the brand. Any thoughts on this model?

We were told that there was no charge on the forever warranty or deductible. Can you tell me why you would run?

Great advice on negotiating. We will use the advice when we are ready to do this.

Thanks again... Great informative post!

branson4020

Icantre Member
We are now considering a 2015 BC 3450ts, I know it has G rated tires but not the brand. Any thoughts on this model?

We were told that there was no charge on the forever warranty or deductible. Can you tell me why you would run?

Great advice on negotiating. We will use the advice when we are ready to do this.

Thanks again... Great informative post!

I suspect that when you actually start negotiating with this dealer you will find that "no charge" means its hidden in the sell price. Do you really think you can get something for nothing?

Bob&Patty

Get the GS warranty after your year is up. Yep I bet its "NO CHARGE". I also suspect that its only good at the "selling" dealer. The 2015 probably has the "G" rated Sailon tires. They are a good tire...so no worries there. Download the HL BC MSRP off the forum. Build the coach as it stands at the dealer. Add up all the options...take that price and go from there with your 25-30% off. Look at the bottom of this page, click on the "Big Counrty MSRP" below the "reply to thread".