Jensen Stereo

FORTKNOX

I have a 2016 bighorn 3585, it has a Jensen stereo above the TV. The TV does not have that good of sound. Looked online at user guide for stereo, it will serve very well
for better sound from TV. Problem is stereo unit is bolted in and I am unable to get to back to utilize it as intended. Any help will be appreciated.

jimtoo

Hi Fortknox,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other members with that unit can give you some help soon.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

Moving thread to better area also.

sjandbj

Fortknox,
I had to take my Jensen unit out so i could see the connections. The bezel will pop off then there are 4 screws that will allow the unit to be removed. when you pull the unit out you will have a mess of wires.
Regards,
Steve

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Is your Jensen like the one in my pic below (just to the right of the TV - click on photo to enlarge):

Campout2012-PC260022.jpg

If so, there should be a small mini plug AUX input on the front (note the wire running from the TV to the front of the Jensen).

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
We just bought a 3160EL and I found that the LG TV had an Optical audio cable attached to the Jensen Stereo. I pressed Source on the Jensen until Optical appeared and pressed Enter. On the LG TV I went to Settings and selected Audio, then selected Sound Out LG Sound Sync. The TV audio now comes through the Stereo speakers. Hope this is what you are looking for. Doug

mhedlund

Mike & Mary
DougLynne, I just purchased a 2015 Big Horn 3270RS and I am not able to get the TV to play through the Jensen JWM990 system. I selected the Jensen to Optical and set the LG TV to Sound Out LG Optical Sync...I get no sound at all there. By switching to Sound Out Optical and I can get the sound to play through the Jensen....but sound is weak. For now, the best sound I have is Sound Out TV Speakers.
Any suggestions?

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
I'm assuming your controlling volume through their Jensen, other than that I'm not sure. Not in my unit to check it out.

does anyone have the Jensen manual. i have an 09 Sundance with what appears to be the same unit as in the photo.
I can't get the CD player to play store bought CD's, lost speaker selection A and got it back somehow.

if someone can point me in the direction of the owners manual that would be awesome.
I was able to feed my wife's Ipad 2 (not much left of it after i ground it up but hey i tried :rolleyes:) tv shows through the trailer speakers.

In looking for the reason why the CD wasn't working we also have found the disconnected power booster for the (Non Winegard) antenna and I have no idea what cable wires go into what connection.
I have 2 black cable lines and one white cable line for that. the power unit powers up but i can't get any channels. i wonder if it is because these in the 09 were analog vs digital now.

The unit I am running is the 910 version
When I pulled it out to check the wiring I noticed my antenna power booster was disassembled and I'm looking at 2 black cables and 1 white label off to the side .