Spin cycle shake

Jim Posz

We installed the Splendide 2100 XC in the front closet of our 2014 Sundance and it really is handy on our longer trips. We do notice the whole rig shaking during the spin cycle and wonder if one of those tripod stabilizers under the hitch pin would help reduce the shake. Has anyone tried that, and did it help?

Thanks.

buddyboy

We have the stackable washer and dryer in our bedroom and did try a tripod stabilizer. We saw no difference, but since your unit is mid-ship (I believe) there could be a benefit to you. We were offered the loan of one to try by a fellow camper who overheard a discussion between us about purchasing one.

BigDaddy

Founding Alabama Chapter Leaders-Retired
I haven't tried it, but I doubt it would help much. Friends of ours have a 40' motor home and it shakes their rig also "if this rig is rockin, don't come knockin" - we're doing laundry!

Garypowell

There is always some variability in what is acceptable vibration. Only on a few occasions do we not feel the spin cycle. But most time it fairy gentle.

I had had a tripod and did not like it. Then got the washer dryer in our nose and now I use it all the time.

To me the secret was finding out how to use it. Once you continually spread the legs out while you tighten the collar...once the collar is as tight as you can make it drop the front legs a little. This firmly places more weight on the tripod....and it really helps.

Ready to leave.....raise the rig back to free it.

Jim Posz

Thanks for the "how to use" advice. Cookie has a used one he is bringing to Goshen for us to try out and buy if it helps. I'm not overly sensitive to vibration, but it was kind of interesting to watch the beverages slosh around in the glasses at mealtime. Jim

AAdams

On our old Landmark the washer dryer was in the front closet. The unit did not have leveling jacks and shook when we did laundry. I added a tripod and used as described by Gary in a previous post. It helped reduce the shaking, it didn't eliminate it but helped enough we kept using it. With the washer/dryer in the garage of the RW390 w/ 6 pnt leveling, we don't use the tripod at all.

Garypowell

Jim,

if you use tripod, strong arms, or most anything else you will lose the slosh! So if that is a source of entertainment of you....don't do anything! Sorry could not resist!

one other thing I did was purchase 4 scissor jacks and after a few trial and errors located them permanently on the frame just in front of the wheels and about half way back from wheel to the end of the rig. Once I found the sweet spots I bolted them to the frame. They help too.

Use a drill and tighten with wrench.

Since we we move a lot many times I don't put the tripod out. We are at our last sales calls on this six week trip. I am waiting for linda right now seeing her last customer here in Auburn, AL. Since laundry will wait until we get home on Friday I did not put the tripod up.

camr

We find that with our 2100XC, the unit will try a few times to get the spin balanced. We will grt a strong shake for a few seconds, then it will rebalance the load, sometimes a couple of times until there is very little shake. Do you find that the shaking is worse when the washer is loaded to the max? ( Read: overloaded?)

Garypowell

We used to do smaller loads but are finding with just a little more drying time bigger loads save us more time with fewer loads. We always wash on 9 and dry on 5 for shortest wash and hottest dry.

I I had not thought about it as Camry stated it.....but as I think about it we do get less shaking with bigger loads.

My my guess would be more stuff to distribute around to balance better.

I remember our home front loader we bought about ten years ago and how it entertained me for about a week just amazed at how it washed with a thimble of detergent and one bucket of water. And also how fascinating it rebalance itself.

Obviously i get amused easily!

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Sit in your favorite chair or lay down on the bed and enjoy. People pay big money for massage chairs and beds. You can tell every one you have a massage RV.:)

DocFather

A biker friend of mine say he has no shake whatsoever! LOL :cool:

8497017501_cbd4c6fb5e_m.jpg

Westwind

We have a Bighorn 30070RL with the W/D combo in the front closet, I use a tripod and the day before we left Florida I took and down and the next morning my wife did a load of laundry and yes there is a big difference with the tripod and without so I will continue to use it. There might be something else that works but right now this works for us.

DocFather

We have a Bighorn 30070RL with the W/D combo in the front closet, I use a tripod and the day before we left Florida I took and down and the next morning my wife did a load of laundry and yes there is a big difference with the tripod and without so I will continue to use it. There might be something else that works but right now this works for us.

Ditto for me, too. I also did a scientific experiment. 2 years ago, after taking delivery of my 4100, with the Whirlpool W/D in the front closet, I bought a [h=2]BAL 25066 Fastjack King Pin Stabilizer [/h]after experiencing the spin cycle shake. After hooking it up and adjusting it, I felt a huge difference. OK, my experiment: I took two-5 gal. buckets and put a gallon of colored water (blue food coloring) in them. Then I did a a load of towels with and without the pin stabilizer and placed the buckets in the bedroom near the W/D and also in the kitchen. The "splash/slosh" on the sides of the bucket walls were, of course, less in the kitchen than on the bedroom BUT the splash/slosh was a lot less with the stabilizer in place than without. For my experience, I never live in the RV without it in place.

porthole

Retired
Put a bunch of wet, unevenly loaded closed in a drum and spin it at 1200 rpm, your gonna get some vibration.

I'm not a fan of fabric softeners, but Splendide recommends the use of it as it allows the clothes to "fall off the drum" easier between the spins to allow for redistribution of the load.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
When I read the title I thought it was about a new dance... the Spin Cycle Shake...:)