Deer Run RV Resort, Crossville, Tennessee

fivernine

I stumbled into this beautiful campground located only about thirty miles from my house when I was doing a shakedown on the new Landmark. It is in the process of being resurrected from an old Thousand Trails membership resort, but it is now a private campground open to the public. They have a 25 acre lake and allow boats, but trolling motors only--supposed to be good fishing.

This is a BIG place: It was 1.6 miles (count 'em!) from the road where they have a very large store and welcome center out to the campsites! It is a gated campground; the roads are good, gravel, wide and level, no grades to climb. The sites that have been restored are in very good condition. The dam must be 300 yards long with a nice gravel road across it for walks and bicycles. They have a fine beach and playground for the kids.

If you want a place for long walks or bike rides far from interstate noise and situated under big sky on top of the Cumberland Mountains, check this out. Access is from I-40, exit 322 east of Crossville, TN, and is located about five miles north of the highway. Send me a PM if you need more directions.

I've attached a few winter shots from the shakedown.
--Rick

Attachments

• Deer_Run_1.jpg
    Deer_Run_1.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Deer_run_floating_point.jpg
    Deer_run_floating_point.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Deer_run_Landmark-AM-sun.jpg
    Deer_run_Landmark-AM-sun.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 50

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hello Rick
That looks like a great place to park the Bighorn. You mentioned that it had a gate. Is the gate locked at night so you can not get back into the park. DW & I stayed at a CoE park and they lock the gate at night. You can get out but not back in after 10pm or before 6am. I really have a problem with being locked out. We had an ememrgency with our dog and could not get back in.

On April 25th we are starting our trek up the east coast. I would like to take some time and stay at that park.

Also loved the pictures of the lake. I enjoy taking pictures and sending them to our daughter and friends.