2015 Cyclone 4150

Randor

Guessing I have one of the few 4150's out there. So far I am loving it and all the room. A few little quirks, but nothing that would cause me to not get another one.

Attachments

• 2015-04-03 15.16.18.jpg
    2015-04-03 15.16.18.jpg
    413.9 KB · Views: 280
  • 2015-04-03 15.16.32.jpg
    2015-04-03 15.16.32.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 250
  • 2015-04-03 15.16.42.jpg
    2015-04-03 15.16.42.jpg
    350.3 KB · Views: 251
  • 2015-04-03 15.17.03.jpg
    2015-04-03 15.17.03.jpg
    439.7 KB · Views: 242
  • 2015-04-20 19.52.12.jpg
    2015-04-20 19.52.12.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 238
  • 2015-04-20 19.52.36.jpg
    2015-04-20 19.52.36.jpg
    387.6 KB · Views: 257
  • 2015-04-20 19.53.15.jpg
    2015-04-20 19.53.15.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 280
  • 2015-04-20 20.12.03.jpg
    2015-04-20 20.12.03.jpg
    321.7 KB · Views: 236
  • 2015-04-20 20.12.27.jpg
    2015-04-20 20.12.27.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_5533.jpg
    IMG_5533.jpg
    500.4 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_5535.jpg
    IMG_5535.jpg
    481.6 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_5537.jpg
    IMG_5537.jpg
    528.8 KB · Views: 237

Snow

Vary nice ! is that the TV that pulls it ? Glad to see another 250 pulling these rigs

Randor

Vary nice ! is that the TV that pulls it ? Glad to see another 250 pulling these rigs

The 250 is the TV that pulls it, but I will be using an Automated Safety Hitch. Although the 250 will pull it, in my opinion, it won't safely stop it when the weight transfers to the truck while stopping. Not judging anyone else - just what I'm comfortable with. With the substantial sale price discount I got on the RV, I used some of it to buy the Safety Hitch.

www.safetyhitch.com

Randor

Very Nice! Have lots of fun with it. Funny, I have a white RoadKing.

I love my Street Glide. Its an '08 and I have 50,000 on it. Would have liked to put more on it, but just don't seem to have the time to ride as much as I want to.

Randor

How about a few inside pictures? Outside looks very nice!

At the moment, I am a geographical bachelor - I guess taking some inside pix will give me some incentive to tidy up :) I will take some this weekend an post them.

Randor

Randor-
How's the Safety Hitch performing for you?
Jay

I actually had the RV delivered and they pulled the one I had away with them. I am heading from Colorado to Alabama for Memorial Day Weekend and I will swing by Texas to pick up the hitch on my way home. So I won't be able to pull the unit for a while longer. I will certainly give it a critique once I have done some pulling with it. I think it will work out great - but if it doesn't, I will certainly let others know. I will give it an open and honest critique.

Randor

I will post a series of pictures of the 4150 interior starting from the front to the back.

The front is a walk in closet with the pluming for the washer/dryer on the left side. I discovered that a w/d won't fit through the 19" wide pocket door going into the master bathroom. When I called HL they told me to disassemble the door to get a w/d in. I chose to put it in the garage area. There is a lot of room in the master bath, with a full tub and lots of counter area - the DW loves that.

IMG_5538.jpgIMG_5539.jpgIMG_5540.jpgIMG_5541.jpg

Randor

The master bedroom has a nice feel to it. I wish there was another bedside counter on the right side, but it would cover up the vent they have installed on that side. There is a TV and an additional sink in the bedroom.

IMG_5543.jpgIMG_5544.jpgIMG_5546.jpg

Randor

With both slides out, the living room area is very spacious. One of the reasons we bought this floor plan was for the "L" seating on the main couch. The "L" couch in front of the sink area is not attached to the floor. The back folds down into the bottom to make a large foot stool. The "L" is comfortable to sit on for a couple of hours, but I don't think I would want to be a couch potato sitting on it for a day watching a movie marathon. On the right couch, the section to the right and next to the TV is a recliner. On the left couch, the section closest to the door is a recliner. in the back between the kitchen and garage on the left is a 1/2 bath with a sink and stool. There are doors on both sides that allow access from either the living room or the garage. This is a nice feature if someone is sleeping in the garage area - they don't have to go through the master bedroom to get to the bathroom. Above the 1/2 bath and extending across the entire width of the unit is a loft area. It has a thin pad to be used as a sleeping area. We are using it for extra storage space. In the picture the privacy curtain is pulled. It is wired for a TV and has a skylight.

IMG_5547.jpgIMG_5548.jpgIMG_5552.jpgIMG_5553.jpgIMG_5554.jpgIMG_5555.jpg

Randor

There are covers that go over the sinks. It is a very workable area, but I could use a little more counter top area. I love to cook, and when I do I use every dish in the place and a lot of counter space.

IMG_5564.jpgIMG_5556.jpgIMG_5557.jpgIMG_5560.jpgIMG_5561.jpg

Randor

Initially, I had the bottom bunk down with it set up for bench seating with the table in. I found it made it very difficult to get to the patio area and looked very cluttered. So I got a foldable table and set it up along the left side for my computer and printer. The garage area will be the DW's project / sanity area when we are parked (we will be in it full time) and she joins me in a few months. I put the w/d unit at the front of the garage between the kitchen and bathroom doors. When we do laundry, we open the bathroom door, plug in the unit to the outlet in there, hook the water line to the faucet and put the drain hose into the sink. The drain hose is the perfect size that it pushes into the hole and doesn't come out - HOWEVER, I also use a rubber band to hold it one of the knobs on the faucet just in case it may work its way out of the drain hole. Had that happen in my last RV and the hose fell to the floor draining water into the RV. Fortunately I caught it almost immediately so there was no damage, but taking no chances with this RV. Having the washer in this position still allows plenty of room for my motorcycle in the garage, allows for access to the 1/2 bath from both the living room and garage, and allows us to use the washer without having to take apart the pocket door to put it in the front closet. These Splendide w/d units put out a lot of heat and humidity, and I like not having all that moisture up in the closet where my clothes are. It also is sitting on the rubberized floor so there won't be any real damage if the washer springs a leak like some others have experienced.

IMG_5562.jpgIMG_5567.jpgIMG_5565.jpgIMG_5566.jpg

Randor

I discovered today that running the w/d plugged I to the bathroom, and a heater plugged into the garage area will overload the circuit if both cycle at the same time. The microwave is also wired on the same circuit. Not a big deal, just have to power manage a little.

Randor

Randor-
How's the Safety Hitch performing for you?
Jay

Took her out boondocking at Ironton Park south of Ouray, CO this weekend to do a shakedown of everything while its under warranty. I live in it full time, but wanted to see how she did off the grid. All I can say is WOW! What a way to go camping - or glamping as my buddy calls it (but he didn't mind sleeping in it). First time I've pulled it and using the Safety Hitch.

Overall, I really like the Safety Hitch. If I had the 4150 before I bought a truck, I probably would have went with a F350 DRW. But, I already had the F250 and I am more than happy getting the hitch. Knowing what I know now, it would be a toss up getting a F350 or a F250 with Safety Hitch. I say that because, with anything mechanical, adding the hitch adds one more thing to break down and maintain. However, there are a lot of pluses to having the hitch.

Pro's:

- When braking, the weight of the trailer isn't transferred to the TV causing the front end to lift and steering to get light. It actually lifts the back of the TV a little, especially if the gain is set too high on the trailer brakes. Took a few stops to get it worked out, but nothing too extreme - just fine tuning.

- Going up the mountain passes the road got real narrow and no guard rails. With the wheels on the safety hitch steering, I was able to stay in my lane (although on the edge of it) and the wheels of the trailer staying on the road on the switchbacks. Was nice not having to swing wide into the other lane. Also, when getting gas in the TV or filling RV tank, I didn't have to pull as far away from the pump in order to clear the island when pulling out and around the island (pic attached).

- It increased, or didn't decrease, the stability of the TV while pulling. Could still tell the RV was back there and there were some wind gusts that really got my attention a few times, but the hitch absorbed a lot of the instability.

- Without the hitch in the bed of the truck I had all the bed space for firewood and stuff.

Con's:

- Although I've heard it's a problem with a lot of tow vehicles pulling these heavy rigs, I found that without some of weight from the RV being on the TV it was very light and traction was limited. A quick start from a stop light and the rear wheels break traction. The fix - a smooth acceleration. Several times when going up the mountain passes I pulled over to let cars pass me. On the side of the road and on hard stand with gravel on it, trying to accelerate going up hill was almost impossible. The fix - 4 wheel high on the fly until I got back on the road and moving. Not a big issue, and common with a conventional setup, but probably a little more exaggerated with the hitch.

- It does add a few more feet to an already long setup. Not a big issue going down the road, but makes backing and parking just a little more difficult. Much of that was my getting used to the difference in the pivot point, but something to be mindful of. In the COSTCO parking lot it took up 2 head to head spots, went across the road and took up a 3rd spot.

Took a little getting used to, but overall I like it and the benefits it brings to pulling the RV.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 144
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 143
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 134
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 154

Power-Stroke

Randor-
Appreciate you sharing your experience with the Safety Hitch. That's a nice looking setup.
Your overall length really isn't as long as it looks. I would have guessed you would be closer to 80 ft based on your pics.
Thanks again for sharing.

Good luck and safe travels.

Jay

Last edited: