help with toilet paper holder

beck-mark

want to mount a toilet paper holder on the wall in 29rksa. should I use self tapping screws and hit a wall stud which I assume is aluminum, wood screws, 2 sided automotive tape, command strips, or some other means of attaching one? wife has already bought it and tapping her foot at the moment waiting on me to mount.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The only wall available to mount the TP holder in your Elk Ridge is the pocket door wall next to the stool.
If you choose to mount to that wall I would be very careful drilling or running a screw through it.
We prefer to use a free standing holder. No mount to worry about and never tips when we are traveling.
Just a thought.

Peace
Dave

AAdams

The exterior walls are aluminum studs, interior will be wood. That said I would not use screws on the pocket door wall if at all possible. Too long you may hit the door, or as the door opens/closes it may scratch the door. Like others we bought a free standing TP holder in one of our rigs and the kind that hangs on the vanity door for the current rig. Both of these work very well. If you wall mount it to the right of the commode on the pocket door wall you will find the space to use the commode may become VERY small. If you mount behind the commode to one side you will need to be careful not to put a screw in to a vent pipe ( I don't know if there is one in that wall or not ).

Lynn1130

Do you really want to drill holes in the wall? I dislike that idea and we came up with a freestanding bottom weighted TP holder (Walmart) that works just fine.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Do you really want to drill holes in the wall? I dislike that idea and we came up with a freestanding bottom weighted TP holder (Walmart) that works just fine.

X2, the bottom weighted freestanding one doesn't (typically) move during travel, either!

That said, I would use Command strips over drilling. I use them for hooks to hold a small basket by my side of the bed. They hold pretty well, but I have had to replace them about 3 times over the past 2 years. Heat and cold (when rig is not temperature controlled) will make them loose their grip over time. The clear ones do not hold as well as the white ones.

Lynn1130

Yeah, too hot here to use anything sticky and expect it to stay when the inside of the trailer is 135 degrees in outdoor storage (that's one reason mine is in a garage).

beck-mark

thanks so much for the replys, our unit does not have a pocket door to the bathroom. the door swings out into the hallway. the toilet sits between the hallway wall and the shower. good to know interior wall studs are wood. worried to about the wires for the bathroom light switch. have been wanting to mount a small shelf above the toilet to hold a few towels also no sure if that is feasible or not either.

wino2

I gave up at mounting one, I went out and got a free standing holder. You can put it in the closet when traveling, and it can be placed anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I mounted ours to the cabinet that contains the bathroom sink.

Solid wood . . . so no problemo starting a couple of wood screws holes with the screws and a tap from a hammer, then a little pressure on the screwdriver!

Took less than two minutes.