RAM Extended warranty?

sengli

Recently acquired a new 2014 RAM DRW longbed dually for towing our big horn around. This is my first new RAM truck, and so far I am very pleased with the truck. I have been very impressed with the way this thing tows! So in the past I have almost always bought an extended warranty on my GM trucks, but never had use it. Anyone out there have any opinions on this subject?

Seems as if the dealer wanted like $1850 for 7 year/ 70K miles extended plan. I can get the same 7/70K maximum care plan thru chrysler directly for $1045 within a year of purchase.

Last edited:

danemayer

When we bought our RAM 3500 dually last June, the dealer offered the extended warranty. I don't remember the pricing, but I do remember thinking it was priced very high - maybe a couple of thousand $.

When I called Geico Insurance to let them know I'd changed vehicles, they offered extended warranty coverage for $54 per year if I started it within 15 months/15,000 miles. I just turned on that coverage last week. Of course that means I'll be paying $54 per year for a while before any coverage kicks in, but the same is true of any extended warranty.

My only regret is that they don't have the same coverage for RVs.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
You can buy an extended warranty after the OEM warranty runs out. Your paying for a warranty that does you no good unless your OEM warranty has expired. I dont know what what Chryslers is...but the GM warranty is 3y-36K miles on wear and tear stuff....5y-100K miles on the drive train.