Thinking about ordering another Landmark

dana22

We are thinking about ordering another Landmark, an Ashland model. As much as I would like to have a dishwasher, I am wondering how well they work and would like to have some input from anyone who might have one as to whether they are worth having. Also, I would like some feedback as to how well the washer and dryer operate. I know they are of the stackable type now instead of the all in one Splendide 2100, which I really like. Any information you guys can pass on to me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!;)

Dana

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
We don't have a dishwasher but I'm not sure I use enough dishes at this time to warrant one I would prefer the cabinet or drawer space instead. I do have the stackable washer and dryer and love them. I have never had any issues with them and what I love the most about them is you can be doing a second load while the first is being dried where the one unit you have to wait until the first load is washed and dried they save a lot of time in my opinion. Best of luck on your decision making and good luck with whichever model you decide to purchase.

Bryced15

We have the dishwasher in our Newport and love it! It is small, but when loaded properly it can hold a decent amount of dishes. It washes very well. As far as the drying goes, it dries anything glass or metal very well, but anything plastic we have to air dry or dry by hand. It also seems to be very economical on water usage.

Garypowell

I installed a dishwasher in my BH 3010 (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...asher-in-Kitchen-cabinet?highlight=dishwasher) and we love it.

Yours is going to be a more standard unit under the counter but the benefit is the same. Dishes come out excellent. Quiet operation and done while you do something else. Requires a litt led planning as you don't want to do dishes, laundry and take a shower at the same time.

You can do 2 of the 3 but not all three. We do laundry and then while dryer working we do dishes.

We we work on the road so time is a little more valuable to us than if fully retired.

jbeletti

Dana,

We too have the Furrion dishwasher that comes with LM365. We like it. It's not as nice as they Fisher&Paykel brand but it's what fits in our island and it works just like Bryce mentioned below. Nancy likes having it.

The stacked W/D units work very well. If you're okay with the space loss, you won't be disappointed. If you'd prefer the combo, we can probably get that for you instead - when you order via your dealer.

kowAlski631

We love our stackable. Like others have said, you can be washing a second load while the first is drying. We try to never have more than two loads to do at a time - rather be out exploring and meeting new people than doing chores. While the clothing is getting clean and dry, we can do odds and ends around the trailer so everything is good when we leave. Just our preferences which might not work for everyone, but do for us.

Rcnewell11

Jim I was wondering why fisher Pakel won't work on island .i measured dimension on that unit and looks like it will go in fine l x w x d .let me know what u think on your measurements .thanks Rob

dana22

Thanks for the answers about the dishwasher. If it works well, I would like to have one in our new unit. Also, I was wanting to know how everyone likes the induction cooktop. I have no experience with these at all. I know new pots and pans would be needed, I cook so much, I need those anyway! No, really I do cook!!! Anyway, just need some input as to how much better they are as compared to the gas stovetop. I have so many questions.........we have a 2006 Landmark, which we love, but you know how it is when a husband wants to upgrade.....he keeps trying to convince me.......

Garypowell

I installed a True Induction cook top in my unit about 2 years ago. It was our first experience with this way of cooking. Your right it might mean new cookware but if a magnet sticks to the utensil it will work. A frig magnet will test for you

the biggest thing is when you turn it on its ON right now. You don't put the butter in the pan turn it on and then go to the frig to get the eggs....the butter will be burned. So you have to have everything ready.

A quirk with the true induction unit is if you are using the 1 - 10 scale to heat with. Both burners can only add up to ten. If one burner is set to 5 and the other on is then run up to 6 the first one will go down to 4.

If if you use heat setting on one burner and numbers on the other they will both go to full heat.

Linda burned up a couple of things but once she got the hang of instant on.....she loves it!

Bryced15

We also love the induction cooktop. For example, cooked some eggs on it yesterday and it took less than 5 minutes. Cooks so quickly and evenly. We have the Magma induction pots and pans made in USA. Love them. With the full size convection microwave, the residential refrigerator, the induction cooktop, the dishwasher, and the full size sink, it really does feel like you are in a home.

jbeletti

Jim I was wondering why fisher Pakel won't work on island .i measured dimension on that unit and looks like it will go in fine l x w x d .let me know what u think on your measurements .thanks Rob

Rob - I have no measurements - this is just what I am told by Tom M.