2014 Cyclone 3110 problems add poor quality

thirdtimeround

**** I am absolutely dismayed at how the Factory will tell you're driving a house down the road (after the sale ) so expect problems. Problem is they are building that house on wheels to be towed down the road. So with a little more care and quality, most of these issues would not exsist. I just had to put all new tires on after 6000 miles and paying careful attention to tire pressure with the famous Blow Max tires. Yes I had a blow out in GA. Thanks to GA tire dealer who handled Blow Max tires he showed me how the RV is is already maxing out tire loads with just the weight of the RV alone unloaded. We put 14 ply tires rated 110psi and 1" taller and felt a difference leaving the parking lot to the 1st traffic light. I have documented with detailed pictures every problem and repair. Some things are just so complex I'm not sure there is a fix. I spent a lot of time researching this company and RV to make an educated decision. I also used these very blogs just before purchase,but it was not till I received mine ,used it and asked about problems did the issues come to light. We spent 3 months in FL (snow bird) and could not use the garage as a room for because it was too hot. We were told from the factory and dealer, don't bother to spend the money on the 3rd AC because it can only run 2 at a time anyway. Actually the AC units should have been 1 in the garage and 1 in the living room. The Bedroom AC makes soo much noise and it's so cold blowing on your face you can't sleep. We love the layout ,design ,colors etc. but are very dissapointed after spending $60k. NO response from Heartland or Great Lakes RV. Why we are going this route, THX for listening.

Last edited by a moderator:

jeffdee

thirdtimeround, You have my sympathy when it comes to the issue with the tires. I barely got 1500 miles on mine before the tread started separating on one tire. I got a cash adjustment from TowMax for that one tire but nothing for the other tires because they had not failed YET! I purchased/upgraded a whole new set (including the spare) for a 16 month since new 2014-3110. Heartland should be ashamed for putting its product owners through this unnecessary expense. It can really take the shine off of a new toyhauler.

Oh well, my 2 cents.

gpshemi

Lost my first TowMax tire at 600 miles on maiden voyage. Heartland wouldn't help me out any despite me pointing out that they looked funny at the PDI and had pictures to prove it. TowMax also made me a cash adjustment for new Duravis R250 LTs....which I highly recommend to anyone.

The tires on these rigs is a sad affair for sure.

Caveman

Hello, New member Here just bought a 2015 3110 last weekend pick it up tomorrow. Thank you for the useful info. Maybe that's why the dealer wants to sell me a warranty for tire and wheels. Told me that it would cover blow outs and damaged wheels. Now this is making me wonder if i made a smart move in buying this unit.

danemayer

Hello, New member Here just bought a 2015 3110 last weekend pick it up tomorrow. Thank you for the useful info. Maybe that's why the dealer wants to sell me a warranty for tire and wheels. Told me that it would cover blow outs and damaged wheels. Now this is making me wonder if i made a smart move in buying this unit.
Hi Caveman,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

If your new Cyclone has Towmax tires and you're concerned about them, now's the time to get them replaced - before you pick up the trailer. See what your dealer is willing to work out.

Btw, a warranty that covers blow outs and damaged wheels probably doesn't cover damage to the trailer caused by a blowout. When tires blow, they often cause damage to the j-wrap and fender.

caissiel

Was driving on 95 N in Georgia today and in the opposing high speed lane was a $300 MH parked against the guard rail with a blown and ripped to pieces left front tire. The front wheel well was all damaged.

It should have been quite a ride and he might have needed all 3 lanes to come to a stop on the left lane the way he did.
Sorry a bit off subject but I felt for the pour couple sitting in front and a flat happening. I sure do not want to be in that position.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Your wheels are warranted by Tredit for life against defects, so I am assuming their warranty is for road hazard damage? Or wheel-bearing failure damage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk