Battery fuse

vrugt

According to the HL manual there is a 50A fuse for the battery. Does anyone know where it is located on a 2008 Bighorn 3600RL?

boatdoc

You might check right above the battery in the doorside front compartment just under the hyd. pump. Shoulld be a stack of them there.

vrugt

Boatdoc, those red things are connectors not fuses, at least in my 3600RL.

I want to pose another question somewhat related because one needs to know it in case of trouble.

It took me quite a while to find the manual connection to control the front extenders. In my Bighorn it's through a hole in the black metal wall behind the pump for the hydraulic slide-outs. There is one problem however, it's a solid 0.5" rod with a little cross pin.
The tool that came with the RV is a .5 " solid rod too with a cutout. Either it's the wrong tool or I am missing some tube that fits over both of the 0.5" rods. Any suggestions?

Also, the hydraulic pump can be run manualy through a hole in the basement wall using a 6-7" long 0.25" hex Allan wrench. Did anyone get a tool like it with the RV or am I supposed to go hunt for it?

boatdoc

I think the "red" things you see are the covers for the resettable circuit breakers. Yes they are connectors but one side is a constant HOT, see the brass tiebar on that side, the other side goes to what it is protecting. Have another look.

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders
We have a Big Horn 2009 3600RE and it came with three manual handles. The dealer told me one was for the front landing legs, one for the slides and one to lower the spare tire. I have not had to use either one yet but that is what my dealer says they are for. They do have different connections on the end of each to fit different rods. I know that all the 3600RL's on his lot had the same three maunal handles mounted on the wall in the storage area. He told me about the manual drive on the hydralic pump as well and that you could use a drill to operate it but the nut driver bit was an item I would have to buy. Hmmmm....I probably better check all that out before I need one of them. Hope that helps. :rolleyes:

ChopperBill

I lost 12 volt power and had a devil of a time figuring it out. One of the circuit breakers has a manual reset button. Never ran into one before. Here is a picture of one.
st3-nmb.jpg

vrugt

Yup retired4fun, I pulled the red covers off and one (and only one) of the "connectors" is a fuse like you describe. All other red things are no fuses.

The left sides of the row of connectors, including the fused one are all connected with a copper strip.
I wonder if the wire from the battery should have been connected to the right side, fusing all of the connectors from the battery!

ChopperBill

Yup retired4fun, I pulled the red covers off and one (and only one) of the "connectors" is a fuse like you describe. All other red things are no fuses.

The left sides of the row of connectors, including the fused one are all connected with a copper strip.
I wonder if the wire from the battery should have been connected to the right side, fusing all of the connectors from the battery!
Those "connectors" your are talking about are the circuit breakers which take the place of old style "fuses". Instead of "blowing" and have to be replaced with a new fuse they automatically reset themselves in a short period of time. If you have one with the little "button" on the end it is a manual resettable circuit breaker. I am pretty sure it was wired properly from the factory so I personally wouldn't do any wire switching unless you are knowledgeable with electronics.

vrugt

Ah, they keep cycling until all is well again. I am very comfortable with electricity but that button, the same as I saw on your picture threw me off. Now I still wonder why there's that one with a button. But you're right no need to worry and change anything, all connections are fused. Thanks!