Coco my new camping buddette!!!

HornedToad

This is Coco, she is a rescue dog that a friend of my daughters asked her to foster. I volunteered to watch her one weekend and decided to keep her. When the rescue took her in, from a family that gave her up, she was dragging both back legs. The Vet thought she had poor bone density from an improper diet and a young child had fell / sat on her causing one leg to break and the other to fracture. She is on medication, Science Diet puppy food and kennel rest. She is up and walking now on all fours and just slightly favoring one of her rear legs.

We took Coco out camping last weekend and she loved it!!!

Attachments

• Coco Before.jpg
    Coco Before.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 92
  • Coco After.jpg
    Coco After.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 90
  • Coco Pond.jpg
    Coco Pond.jpg
    620.5 KB · Views: 122
  • Coco camping.jpg
    Coco camping.jpg
    337.8 KB · Views: 124

kowAlski631

Good for Coco! A former neighbor gave us a puppy after her daughter closed a heavy sliding door on the puppy's leg. (The neighbor didn't want to pay a vet bill and actually asked us to return the puppy after we and the vet nursed her back to health.) That puppy became a wonderful member of our family for 16 years. I know Coco will bring you the joy Cookie brought us. Congratulations to all of you.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Congrats on your new puppy....Beautiful dog....You might want to investigate the Raw diet for dogs...
Dakota is 7 and been on raw meat and veggies all her life. Cheyenne is 8 weeks and I changed her form the puppy Purina which is all chemicals to Raw when I brought her home. It's not for everyone, as it is a little work, but wow what a difference in coat, health, teeth and breath. Just a suggestion and everyone has pro's and con's about this subject.

HornedToad

Coco is going to be good for me... she'll help me keep my New Years resolution to walk each day.
We'll have to start out slow until we get our legs under us.

Guns Up!!!

dbbls59

My doctor was glad when I rescued a dog. Miss Daisy and I go walking twice a day. Daisy won't let me skip it, rain or shine.