Main slide leak

justafordguy

We pulled our new Gateway 3650BH in the rain yesterday and when we arrived at the park we noticed that the carpet on the edge of the main slide was wet. It appears that water from the tires got through the bottom seal somehow. Anyone else have this issue? If so any ideas how to fix it?

MagnoliaTom

I think I read somewhere on here that there is a seal or gasket under the slide that's supposed to keep water from getting in while driving in the rain. Check to see if yours is torn or damaged. I'll take a picture of mine when I get home to it

MagnoliaTom

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430257624.460706.jpg[
This is in the corner of our main slide

ATTACH]36477[/ATTACH]
This is above the tires of the main slide. I have the same above tires on kitchen slide as well.

You may check those areas first.

Hope that helps

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430257707.100117.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430257707.100117.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 106

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
With the slide closed and in day light, look down the sides of the slide and see if you see any day light coming thru at the bottom. At one time there was some foam seals that did not get installed at each end of the slides.

Last edited:

justafordguy

I looked under the slide above the tires and there is metal flashing above and a rubber flap just like Toms. Everything looks fine but my dealer said to run a bead of caulking along the edge of the flashing.

Hey Tom, did you notice if yours has any caulking?

MagnoliaTom

I looked under the slide above the tires and there is metal flashing above and a rubber flap just like Toms. Everything looks fine but my dealer said to run a bead of caulking along the edge of the flashing.

Hey Tom, did you notice if yours has any caulking?

I just checked mine. Did not see any caulk

1tandem

I had similar leaks on my 3200RS. The rubber seal was missing on door side slide & was hanging loose on kitchen slide. Dealer replaced both, no more leaks. No caulking was used on either slide. Good luck.

justafordguy

I checked and it looks like the foam blocks are in place. I may put a water sprinkler under the slide and see if I can tell where the water is coming in.